450 Pitch and throttle curves

trainrider06

ok somehow I have gotten confused on my pitch and throttle curves...:(
I haven't flown much at all but, and I forgot to ask about this also...
On my HK/Align mix mutt heli I was checking out things on it, and when I flipped into Idol 1
She dropped like a rock on me and had to go back to normal to get it to pull up!
My pitch and throttle curves are as follows:
Throttle:
Normal: 0/35/70/70/70
Idol 1: 75 across
Idol 2: 85 across
Hold 0
Pitch: linear for all settings 0/25/50/75/100
Including hold
I believe I have these settings for all my helis including my FB
and FBL helis

hmmm..seems like u have an awful low head speed rider..im still learning the curve stuff myself and that evry heli and pilot like different settings but for my heli i find that these settings work good.. THRO NORM MODE: 0 50 70 85 100...idle up 100 95 90 95 100 PITCH NORM MODE: 30 42 50 75 100 IDLE UP LINEAR 0 25 50 75 100. mayb will work for ya..mayb not ...and thanx for the idea again on the servo..dont think i did it quite like u were sayin but im confident itll work..the pc of plastic was a good idea with the weld!

- - - Updated - - -

well that pic sucked ..srry..heres bettr one

- - - Updated - - -

well that pic sucked ..srry..heres bettr one

WIN_20150724_200659.jpg

WIN_20150724_200951.jpg

trainrider06

Glad I could help, I am starting to wonder if my switch might not be enabled or something this DX8 is new
to me and am thinking it's the switch...
Hafta test another heli see what it does....

Lee

Check your monitor screen.
If the switch is enabled, the throttle slider should move.

holtneil

Did you move the cyclic and or the throttle stick between shots as the pitch goes from -18 to -59 in the next pic if the pitch curves are all the same that should not change just the throttle move from -124 to 99% then 79%

trainrider06

Did you move the cyclic and or the throttle stick between shots as the pitch goes from -18 to -59 in the next pic if the pitch curves are all the same that should not change just the throttle move from -124 to 99% then 79%

That was something I noticed too....what causes that?? the third picture was actually the idol 1 the second is idol 2...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys you dont have to have insane headspeeds to fly 3D it depends a lot on the Heli and the Pilot , my mate flies a 630 goblin on a headspeed under 1900, Like lee said make sure the idle up switch is working and this changes the pitch and throttle range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLpq3s05Bt4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5k8r2slqFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH9ffT-kgJY

Man it looks like those blades are barely turning! WOW!

holtneil

Hi that is because the pitch is different on flight modes , you need to match the hover pitch on the idle up modes to stop the jump or drop in the heli , some guys like Steve fly full pitch range in all modes so thats -12 to +12 so when ever they go into idle up mode all that changes it the head speed as the pitch will match what ever mode your in and were ever the throttle stick is

Lee

Yeh, your pitch cannot be linear in all modes, if its moving like that in the monitor.
Check your pitch curves again.
As holtneil mentions, you need to get the pitch curves to match at your sticks hover point, to stop it jumping up or down when changing mode.

Top Bottom