450 Pidgeon 450M1 servo and bind problem (video)

iflywhirlybirds

Hey chaps, first post here. Tony you are my hero, those vids you made about the CCPM set up saveed me so much time! Thank you!

To the problem..

The video is below and pretty well explains everything, I think. Bare in mind this is after I did everything in Tony's vids, except for the nice cable management :) This is my beater helicopter, I have a used blade 400 with pretty much all the upgrade parts possible on it, so this is the one im learning on. It needs lots of tlc......so much tlc. Anyway, thanks in advance guys

[video=youtube_share;r9iXjhQMNmY]http://youtu.be/r9iXjhQMNmY[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Lets start with that bind issue. To me it looks like the servos are pulling more power than the ESC/BEC can handle and the Rx is losing power. What ESC are you running?

As for that servo, sounds to me like the gears are stripped. The only way to check them is to take that servo case apart and physically look at them. You will more than likely find pieces of white plastic in there from the gears. IMO, I would put a 40a Proton ESC on the heli with a set of Solar 9g metal gear digital servos. I just so happen to have a set of said servos lol. Unfortunately I don't have any extra 40a ESC's.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the site and thanks for joining up. :welcome1:

iflywhirlybirds

Thank you for the quick responce and welcome :) I have a hobbywing pentium 30a brushless ESC, I didnt know the ESC affect the servos as well, interesting

Tony

Staff member
It's not the ESC per say, it's the BEC inside the ESC that powers the Rx and the servos. The BEC in that ESC is only rated for 2a. That is pretty low. but, if that one servo is bad it could be pulling more amps than it should normally so changing them out may solve the bind issue.

Tony

Staff member
Changing out the bad servos may resolve the issue. Also when you are in flight, you won't be (or shouldn't) stick banging like that. so the amp draw should be lower when you are flying.

iflywhirlybirds

Yeah Im very sure its the ESC now, it wont give any throttle at all below half stick, very frustrating, and the thing spins out of control

Tony

Staff member
Turn on your Tx and raise the throttle stick all the way up. Plug in the ESC and wait for two beeps. When you hear them, lower the throttle stick and the ESC will initialize like normal and your throttle endpoints will be set. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom