Picasim Free Flight Sim

DarrellW

It’s pretty good for slope soaring and ok for drone and powered aircraft, been using it on iOS for a while now - definitely would recommend giving it a spin!

RandyDSok

Here is the Picosim webpage PicaSim R/C flight simulator - Introduction for those interested.

I installed the Windows version but only tried it with my game controller... In that scenerio, the up/down was backwards and I didn't have any left/right control using a XBox 360 compatible controller. There could easily be some additional settings to address that but this was a quick test. I should have pulled out my joystick instead....

DarrellW

Here is the Picosim webpage PicaSim R/C flight simulator - Introduction for those interested.

I installed the Windows version but only tried it with my game controller... In that scenerio, the up/down was backwards and I didn't have any left/right control using a XBox 360 compatible controller. There could easily be some additional settings to address that but this was a quick test. I should have pulled out my joystick instead....
Only tried it on Android and iOS using the on screen controls, I like it because it’s one of the few that give different modes for the controls; I fly old school mode 1 so it’s great for me!

RandyDSok

Excuse me... when I see "old school" ... I qualify it by if the user can't see the screen of a smaller device like a smartphone... there is nothing old school about that... lololol ( Being 60 now, I feel I'm allowed to make fun of old folks... :D )

DarrellW

Excuse me... when I see "old school" ... I qualify it by if the user can't see the screen of a smaller device like a smartphone... there is nothing old school about that... lololol ( Being 60 now, I feel I'm allowed to make fun of old folks... :D )
PMSL! I’m 68 so got a few years on you but I do also play with it on my iPhone if I go on a long train jurney or something! I started out mode 2 when I started to learn to fly (in my 50’s) but it got too expensive in repairs / replacement models I think it was to do with seperation of primary controls that made me go mode 1; it was like someone turned a switch once I got out of the transition! That said I still fly helicopters mode 2, theres something there that makes it more sense!

Top Bottom