phoenix heli setup and settings

So i have a DX7S & phoenix 4.1 figured out i cant upgrade or update to 4.11 or 0 or whatever it is cuz i own a Dell laptop with only usb3 ports on it and if updated my tx isnt recognized at all so i have to leave it at tje stock vers. But my main question is how to setup or settings for a heli on it whether its a blade or trex 450 i own both but when ivr tried to practice on any heli in phoenix i seem to only be able to have the throttle full blast and it take off really rapid or only have it spinning the rotor and sit on the ground so what do i need to change to make it so the pitch goes up and down smothly with my motion on the throttle stick? Thanks

Graham Lawrie

So i have a DX7S & phoenix 4.1 figured out i cant upgrade or update to 4.11 or 0 or whatever it is cuz i own a Dell laptop with only usb3 ports on it and if updated my tx isnt recognized at all so i have to leave it at tje stock vers. But my main question is how to setup or settings for a heli on it whether its a blade or trex 450 i own both but when ivr tried to practice on any heli in phoenix i seem to only be able to have the throttle full blast and it take off really rapid or only have it spinning the rotor and sit on the ground so what do i need to change to make it so the pitch goes up and down smothly with my motion on the throttle stick? Thanks

You cant run Phoenix with your actual settings of your real heli. You need to set up a separate model on your TX. You can then alter the settings on Phoenix. Like Tony said Marius has a good thread.

BOKI

Hi Gramah Lawrie ; Sounds like your DX7s needs to be set up in the transmitter ! I have a DX8 & everything works Great! Have are buddy Westy give you a video on how to set it up! Or Tony also knows for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Tony

Staff member
I use the USB3 port on my desktop that I built with my DX8 with no issues. There should be no reason why you can't update phoenix with a Dell lappy. I also have it installed on my HP lappy running W7 and again, I use the USB3 ports.

Ya ive known that and have gone thru all the calibration on the sim too bas ive watched Westy's video but still seams to either take off extremely fast or just sit there on the ground with blade spinning but it doesnt seen to have a nice inbrtween for some odd reason, ill into more and try flying in it again maybe itll just be dumb luck & just start working. On a slightly different note, ill be recieving

- - - Updated - - -

My recdntly purchased Blade 450 3D & from what ive heard there pretty nice what everyone think of them? It will be a bnf so np building just bnf

Tony

Staff member
Make sure when you calibrate the Tx that ALL sticks are in the middle, including the throttle. Also make sure you have a linear throttle and pitch curve. This issue can happen if you tried to calibrate in idle up.

Top Bottom