ESC Phoenix Edge ESC vs Phoenix Edge Lite ESC

Derek

I was just trying to do a comparison of these two escs, as well as the Phoenix Edge HV and the Phoenix Edge HV Lite. It could very well be that I am very tired and have a slight eye infection but I couldn't see a difference between the non-Lite ESC's and the Lite ESC's except that the Lite ESC's do not have the large metal casing/heat sink.

Any thoughts on this?

murankar

Staff member
I thinks that's the only difference. I did the same thing when looking for the new build coming up. The lite would be much lighter and will fit in smaller spaces. You still get the logging and the other features that the non lite has.

RandyDSok

If the ESC gets good airflow across it... the Lite version is usually fine. Basically the larger heat sync allows for more cooling for situations that may require it... the only price ( so to speak ) is the added weight.

Tony

Staff member
If the ESC gets good airflow across it... the Lite version is usually fine. Basically the larger heat sync allows for more cooling for situations that may require it... the only price ( so to speak ) is the added weight.

:werd:

Derek

Thanks guys! Based on what I've seen, and since they are the same price, I think I like the idea of the added heat sink.yes, there is a bit more weight but I think its a small issue.

pvolcko

There's no price difference? Usually the lite's will run less than the standard ESCs, for the same current rating.

On heli's I'd use the heat sinked version no matter what. They don't get great airflow over the ESC in many cases. They have very high power loading and surge currents, especially in 3D flight. And in a crash the extra mass wrapping the electronics of the ESC can often mean the ESC survives and lowered risk of damage induced fire.

Top Bottom