Phoenix 5.is out.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if I did or not. I updated mine the day after it came out. However, if they dont' fix a lot of what is wrong with it, I will be going back to the old version.

Slobberdog

By all accounts you need 4.r installed to be able to see V5.x update, they look as though they have pulled that r version so no more people can get on V5 I think they have enough beta testers now, giving them negative feed back, they are up to 5.f I think, will wait like lots of others to see what v5 brings in the next few weeks.

Doum066

I had v5.0c installed, went back to 4.0r, and no sign up v 5.0 anymore as i did before, and i'll stick to 4.0r until the up coming v5 gts good feedback from it. :)

Derek

As I've mentioned before, I'm not happy with the way v5 has been released. There are some small features that have had some improvements and some new models added....that's all fine and dandy. I'm not happy that there seems to be at least 1 model helicopter missing, the Smiroch (or however you spell it). It was in the Performance helicopter section. I'm also not happy that they have changed the governor mode on v5. While using v4, I could set 3 different head speeds and switch between them all with the three position switch on my DX8. Now, v5 only has one head speed. I've also noticed that no matter what throttle curve I have my tx set to, once I get passed 20-25% on my throttle stick, the helicopter goes to full throttle. On top of all that, the helicopter sounds "ill" when it's spooling up. Absolutely horrible.

I have contacted Horizon Hobby about this. They directed to Phoenix Sim Support and I left them a message in regard to my complaints. If nothing gets done about this before March 16, 2014, I'll be purchasing Real Flight 7 via this new promo that Real Flight is offering:

RealFlight Trade Up Promotion

Doum066

As I've mentioned before, I'm not happy with the way v5 has been released. There are some small features that have had some improvements and some new models added....that's all fine and dandy. I'm not happy that there seems to be at least 1 model helicopter missing, the Smiroch (or however you spell it). It was in the Performance helicopter section. I'm also not happy that they have changed the governor mode on v5. While using v4, I could set 3 different head speeds and switch between them all with the three position switch on my DX8. Now, v5 only has one head speed. I've also noticed that no matter what throttle curve I have my tx set to, once I get passed 20-25% on my throttle stick, the helicopter goes to full throttle. On top of all that, the helicopter sounds "ill" when it's spooling up. Absolutely horrible.

I have contacted Horizon Hobby about this. They directed to Phoenix Sim Support and I left them a message in regard to my complaints. If nothing gets done about this before March 16, 2014, I'll be purchasing Real Flight 7 via this new promo that Real Flight is offering:

I also had issue with throttle, it didn't respect the curves i had, my curves were for exemple Normal 0/75/75/75/75 and the throttle % in the flight info panel shows/50 %, same with my curve 75/75/75/75/75 and it showed 50 % always odd %, i then realised i had to recalibrate my TX with lineair curves.. 0/25/50/75/100 on both Pitch and throttle cuves just in case, and then it was all fine afterward, not sure if it's the same issues you're having. I simply recalibrate with a default heli slot model on my TX not to reset all my curves in my Sim slot, once calibrated, switched back to my Sim slot model on the TX.

Derek

Well, I have some good news to report. As I said yesterday, I contacted Phoenix Support. I got a reply back, about 30 minutes ago. They are working on several issues and they said that they do intend on re-adding the 3 throttle settings back to the Governor Mode. They are also working on the RPM issue on Helicopter spool up. I do hope they make these changes very soon. Liked the 3 throttle settings very much. It just made it more realistic.

Derek

No, the only time frame that they mentioned in their reply was "soon". Now, is that "soon" as in "today"? Or "soon" as in "this weekend"? Or "soon" as in "WHEN"? lol

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Sounds like you were talking to the government! lol!

I still have version 4q. I never even got notice to update to version 5 and I get on it everynight; however, I do not connect to the internet everytime I fly. I'm kinda glad I missed as I would have downloaded 5.

Ken Jackson

I just got mine upgraded an hour ago. I upgraded told it to keep all my old settings. WTHeck my plane flies completely different. Not sure I like this. I have been doing the prop Hang (torque roll) for months and all the charactoristics are totally different I can barely fly it. Hmmmm. don't think its just me. Seems like the video tracking is behaving differently also.

Ken

Derek

Yeah, there are some definite differences in the performance. I sure do hope they fix these issues soon or I'll be on to Real Flight 7. I don't want something if it's not going to work correctly.

Derek

Just downgrade back to 4.0.q. All problems solved.

Yes. I completely forgot about doing that. I'll try to do that tonight. You said I can simply just uninstall the whole program then reinstall it from the disk..right?

Tony

Staff member
Yup. Just make sure to turn OFF automatic updates. And see if you can save the files to keep your settings on the aircraft that you have modified. i'm not sure where these would be.

Doum066

Hi Derek, i'm just curious, when you installed the v5, when promted to, did you select keep or discard you v4 settings?

Doum066

I honestly don't remember, lol.

simply asking, because on another forum someone had the same issues as you do. And i tried to do some tests to find out what might be the prob, using default heli etc and i never ended up having throttle issues, first time i installed v5 a few weeks ago was when it was 5.0b, hated it, went back on 4.0q until v5.0h came out, and since v5.0h i find it more likey to behave as v4, compare to previous tries installing the v5, only thing i made diff when installing the v5 a secoind time, unchecking the « keep previous settings » button. I don't have any issues so far, heli feels nice and throttle behave as my TX curves are setted...

Top Bottom