Pheonix will not recognise the dx8.

Karubah

Just Most likely me just being dumb tried setting up the DX8 to sim can't get it to talk to TX.Can anyone help? Most likely me just being dumb.

BOKI

Karubha; The Transmitter should be OFF & when you plug in your Sim Cable it should operate in SLAVE MODE to conserve Transmitter Battery! This is with My DX8 Transmitter! Your transmitter should say with cable plugged in to it & transmitter Off Slave Mode on the screen! Click on Phoenix Icon on screen & program should come up! Dave

Last edited:

Karubah

Set up new heli in tx as per instructions. I'm just going through it all again. Hey Boki what was the rest of your reply going to say.(The Tx should be...What):beguiled:

Lee

Have the radio on a new heli model. Make sure the swash menu is set to 1 servo normal. Assign your throttle hold switch and IU switch. Then turn it off. Plug in the cable, which will switch on the radio automatically, and go through the set up in Phoenix. Its should work after that.

Ken Jackson

I had the same problem when I first tried to use my DX8. I read somewhere online to set all switches in the middle position. Didn't make sense to me but I tried it and it worked right away. I had tried everything else a couple of times. I can set them in any position now and it doesn't matter, weird stuff.

Ken

Also my Gyro switch is my idol up, couldn't get the idol up switch to do that function. No big deal as long as it works.
:cool1:

Lee

Did you set up the F-Mode switch for F-mode? Maybe its set to Gyro switch? Just a thought :D

Karubah

I have tried all of the above suggestions, but still says no Tx connected. I think I will give up on the Dx8 and go back to using the T6. Thanks for all the time and suggestions gents I might come back to trying again at a later date. Cheers Andy.

Ken Jackson

Haven't checked that again yet. Thanks for the suggestion. Getting ready to fly my 500 after last crash. Has a 4 minute hover test on it. Post flight inspection looked good. One more pre-flight inspection then see what she'll do.

Top Bottom