Pheonix V3 Sim

Parkflyer

Hi Guys,

Please help!.... I bought the mentioned sim today and tried installing on my HP laptop with Windows 7 operating system, why when I try and run the programe does it give me an error message " dsm3-43 is not installed on your computer, please look in your Window files to find the remedy" agggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

Computer jargon I just don't understand?

Any help always very much appreciated.

Lee

Did you get it fixed? I don't have the Phoenix sim and i use Mac so no help i'm afraid. Typed in dsm3-43 to google and nothing came up but your post here.

Parkflyer

No, sadly not fixed. Tried everything in a non-I.T-mans tool box, all the updates, all the graphic cards and even replaced DirectX 9 software!... Windows 7 is blocking the program for some reason?... Worked perfectly on the wife's IBM with XP, friend is IT man and will look shortly, so stand by guys.

what the problem is is your video.The laptop that you got probably doesnt have the full video driver for that laptop.What i mean by that ,is that the tech that installed win7 on the laptop "ghost'd" the laptop.That means that their is a generic driver in there but not the right driver.The question that i have for you is this. Do you have the manufacter recovery disk.If not you willl need to find on for your laptop.That cd will have all the drivers that your laptop needs and then you will be able to use pheonix sim.A little warning though.I have tryed the sim on my laptop and works fine with ver 3 but the minute i upgraded to the ver 4 beta i was not able to use the sim.In the ver 4 beta they have up'd the video required,and most laptop video cant support the new video

Parkflyer

what the problem is is your video.The laptop that you got probably doesnt have the full video driver for that laptop.What i mean by that ,is that the tech that installed win7 on the laptop "ghost'd" the laptop.That means that their is a generic driver in there but not the right driver.The question that i have for you is this. Do you have the manufacter recovery disk.If not you willl need to find on for your laptop.That cd will have all the drivers that your laptop needs and then you will be able to use pheonix sim.A little warning though.I have tryed the sim on my laptop and works fine with ver 3 but the minute i upgraded to the ver 4 beta i was not able to use the sim.In the ver 4 beta they have up'd the video required,and most laptop video cant support the new video

Hi Nitro, yes I do have the OP system installation disc!...... I will try that tonight, thanks very much. I'm just a little confused as it installed so easily on the wife's IBM'

no problem...just let me know what happens .Im typing this message at work. Go igure I work in a computer warehouse.I i dont know i will ask the tech's lol

This is another option for you is, before using the cd try to go and do a windows update.There might be a update that might fix that for you.If you install the cd it will delete everything on your laptop and be starting over.SOO try and do the update first, make using the cd as your LAST resort

Parkflyer

Hi Nitro,... Thanks do much for your help and suggestions... All sorted now mate, I was nearly there actually, my techy friend spotted I had downloaded latest DiretX 9 software but not actually completed the setup or installed it!.... He did that and programe now works fine... Flipping good it is too!!... Especially on a 46" LED TV through HDMI cable!!!... Whooop whooooppp!!..
Thanks again.

GOOD.....Glade to hear that it is working.Just want to remind you that uusing the laptop you do not want to use the ver4 of pheonix sim.For the laptop porpuse dont go higher then the ver 3 of you will not be able to use to program

Parkflyer

Nitro, strange?.... I tried going on line last night and join some flying "rooms"...Pheonix said that those guys were using a newer version than my V3 and I should update... So I did to V4 Beta?... Still works fine..... Getting into and "staying" in a "room" is a different matter, keeps chucking me out?... Doesnt seem to like more than three pilots in any one room.... Ill figure that one out another day....
Have a good day mate.

Tony

Staff member
It depends on the lappy. If you are running an old AMD dual core, no it prolly won't run it with everything maxed out. But, if you are running one of the new Intel Core 2's or newer, even the i3, i5, and i7, you shouldn't have any problem running it as long as your GPU is up to par. And yes, your lappy will more than likely get hot lmao. If it's running great, if not, just back the graphics off a little.

RandyDSok

Similators such as Phoenix are less dependant on the CPU than the GPU... so any 64b processor from AMD or Intel will be fine as long as there is enough space on the hard drive, system memory and the computer has a decent enough video card ( GPU )... A dual core AMD CPU would be just fine performance wise for Phoenix

murankar

Staff member
In most laptops (last year or so) the video is substantial in most base models. More and more people are buying laptops instead of towers. That said manufactures are now making laptops that are just as or more powerful than towers. So most I5 and all I7 laptops can handle the graphics. I3 on the other hand, unless you upgrade the video at purchase time it may not have the power to it. Don't take my word as gospel, always double check just to ensure you meet the hardware requirements. I push my laptop with graphics processing and some games. Enjoy the virtual world of flying.

Top Bottom