penny wise

penny wise

i started in control line airplanes in the 60s with the help of my grandpa and then in RC airplanes in the mid 70s when i was stationed at Langley AFB in Hampton VA. i came across this site when i was looking for something else on youtube. i seen the 540 and i built one for something different to build and it also turned out to be a very very fun plane to fly even better its cheap to build and looks even better in the air. i like to take it with me when i take my bigger models, and cant get that many models in the car, but i always have room for this one to fit. my first CL plane was the Carl Goldberg SwardsMan 18. i remember it plain as day and my son found one still in the box and bought it for me as a birthday present quite a few yrs ago. i put it together made it look like it did way back then and always wondered what the SwardsMan 18 would fly like if it were a RC airplane and now the 540 looks just like it. the 540 tho does have a 36" wing span. i also use nothing but Elmers foam board, little heavier the DTFB and has never been a issue with me and the way they fly but will last a lot longer than DTFB and there are other benefits also. now this is just me and what i have got use to building with. i am also not good with computers at all. i looked to see where to post a picture did not see where how to post it and may have missed it but if there is a way and easy way to post it let me know and i will post pictures of both of them. as i mentioned this is a blast to fly, easy to build and quick to build, and cheap to build.

callsign4223

Staff member
Hello Penny, and welcome!!!!

To post pictures, you just need to click on the insert image icon in the box where you are typing in your post. It should be the third icon from the right hand side at the top of the box where you are typing in. It kinda looks like a picture in a frame.

penny wise

thank you for your help! thats the beauty of this hobby, and i tried it. i went to my thread i hit reply picked the picture from my pictures did what it told me to do and the picture is not there

- - - Updated - - -

did not see that coming it did work

IMG_0884.JPG

Tony

Staff member
If you don't hit "Insert Inline", it will show up below the thread, but not in it. Not sure why they do it that way, but they do. Welcome to RCH!

:welcome1:

penny wise

thank you! i have always said the RC hobby is the greatest hobby in the world along with the people, there is always somebody out there to help someone!

- - - Updated - - -

i spend a lot of time in my room do to health reasons but i also fly every morning as long as the weather is ok, most of the time it is im out at 0800hrs back home by 1000hrs. i just love your quote!

- - - Updated - - -

thank you and bare with me im not good with computers, honestly we never have and writing in these kind of formats is so new to me and i thank everyone for all there help! and i will get the hang of it

Tony

Staff member
No worries PW, we all have to learn somewhere. I don't expect everyone to type fast or even know how a forum works. We are here to help with those issues as well. All you have to do is ask.

penny wise

thank you! and just glad i found this site. i flew full scale airplane, Cessna's stopped at the 172, and some Ultralight airplanes, worked on and always will be my favorite airplane the F 15, and next the KC & EC 135, it amazes me what these radios of today can do with the mixing part of the radios that we have today. then on top of that electric airplanes and i love them . i know what it took for the F 15 to do way back then and now today we do the same thing with a transmitter for our models it just amazes me

Top Bottom