Paul's Goblin 500 Flights

pvolcko

I would have expected it to come back if I hit a voltage or current limit. Does a current limit trip it off entirely?

Ken Jackson

Flight 20: (reset again, need to keep better track of my flights)

Large backwards loops. Half piro flips (need to work these a lot more, lost something over the winter, starting with the half to inverted and hold). Tic tocs toward the end (getting better, especially with the faster roll rates). Nothing too amazing. Still working on getting the Ikon settings dialed in where I want them. Need to increase tail piro rate. Roll rates are good.

Sorry for the fuzzy video quality. Camera was on my head at an angle. Rotating the video into proper orientation fuzzed it out big time. May try re-rendering to see if I can find a better quality setting for this case.

Nice flying. Is that the bird you have the IKon in? I call a flip nose over tail or vice versa and a roll to the left or the right. I think your flip rate looks great but I can't tell on the rolls because how much it lunges. I know I caught myself hesitating in rolls like we do flips, going end over end takes a little more time. But a roll should be continous. I only point that out because I recently caught myself doing that hesitating in the roll and you will inevitably over pitch one way or the other. I try and stay center stick, zero pitch through a roll but I roll pretty fast. Anyway just my thoughts not dissing you in anyway. You have some skills for sure. Plus you were putting a twist in the roll as well, much tougher.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

pvolcko

I'm way behind on posting videos. I have some of the goblin from later in the year. I'd take one now except I had that hard landing and no longer have skids on it. :)

Roll positioning has improved somewhat. half piro flips are much better. I don't usually lose altitude during them unless I want to. Ele Tic Tocs are looking pretty solid now, starting to work ail tic tocs. BAckwards loops are actually ending and starting in roughly the same height and position and I run a few of them continuously. Sometimes add in a quick flip at the top. Also doing small and large ail loops. Haven't practiced the backwards circuits as much as I wanted this summer. But I do them a little now and have started doing some upright tail down funnels.

Ken Jackson

Well your doing great. I need to invest in some new batteries and get working on those backwards circuits myself.

pvolcko

Got the gob fixed up. And downloaded the logs from the esc. Looks like it was averaging 100A for 2 min leading up to the power down. Temperature got up to 210 or so. Log says it cut off due to "excessive load". So now I'm not sure what I was doing to cause such high current. May have been my extended use of the high agility mode for tic tic practice. Have to fly some tests and see what replicates the loads.

pvolcko

Did another test flight or two yesterday.

[video=youtube_share;U_rOUmywqj4]http://youtu.be/U_rOUmywqj4[/video]

So what you guys think the problem is?

Lee

Well first off, I love the way you blended together the flight and the log. :thumbsup:
If its not the ESC, could there be a short issue in the motor? Only other thing I can think of, but not very likely.

pvolcko

Yeah. That's all I could think of too. I haven't taken it off the heli and cracked it open yet. That's last step before I order a new esc. Actually have one sitting in the cart with some other stuff. :) I tested for a short to the case and shaft. Also bad winding resistances. All good.

Top Bottom