Projects p-51d mustang redtails build

wolfman76

Ok here's what i have been working on now every plane needs lights right.

ForumRunner_20130722_054703.png
Landing lights up by the fuselage

ForumRunner_20130722_054801.png

Beacon light and wingtip strobes had to extend all the wires due to the plane being so big by about almost a foot and a half on each wire is not completely done still have to run 3 or 4 more leds and the lighting will be done and controllable from my dx8..
Here is the kit i am using along with photo of each light location.

ForumRunner_20130722_055243.png

Light locations

ForumRunner_20130722_055409.png

ForumRunner_20130722_054703.png

ForumRunner_20130722_054801.png

ForumRunner_20130722_055243.png

ForumRunner_20130722_055409.png

wolfman76

ok they are all installed and here is a short video demoing them man this bird is starting to come together man i am loving it...
what do you think everyone i might actually have it ready for the fly in this coming up sunday here is to hoping....

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfman76

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you consign double trouble two ain't she Purdy?

ForumRunner_20130725_074315.png

The wing will add the other decal on other side and 2" yellow stripes around center sections of wing

ForumRunner_20130725_074404.png

ForumRunner_20130725_074315.png

ForumRunner_20130725_074404.png

wolfman76

I bet Tony will be to i have had the plane for over a year and just recently started working on it again.. Getting to stay as realistic looking as i can keep it... She should scream in the air she has the biggest 2 stroke that will fit in her a magnum xls .91... Hey Tony or anyone else i have a question concerning the temp sensor on the telemetry on this plane with the dx8 do you set the temp that the alarm goes of at in the TX out is it automatic?

wolfman76

Ok here is an update on this bird.... she is just about done still need a muffler but that is 60 bucks that I just don't have right now... retracts are in and seem to be working manually but I am having an issue with the rx communicating with the servos... throttle is hooked up and the cowling it's on now.. only thing needed to finish is install the rudder and tail wheel... just need to figure out why the servos are not responding right I will make a video as soon as I can since it has me stumped...
Well trying to upload pics but forum runner keeps crashing when I try to attach them...

ForumRunner_20130927_203235.png

wolfman76

Unfortunately with no money to purchase a muffler that it needs and having the rx and servos issue I am having right now not sure when that will happen.... was hoping before it got to cold or snowed but not sure at this point all I can do is finish what is left of it up to the muffler and hope the money starts coming in again time will tell

wolfman76

Ok bit of an update getting closer to being done I have the muffler and a glacier 2200mah 6.6v rx life pack. Now just have to finish tail assembly then once the rx pack gets here get all the servos centered then she should be ready

wolfman76

Correction it is a glacier 2s 6.6v 4000mah life pack I think that should be plenty of juice for all the servos n lights don't ya think.... lol and thanks Derek love the glacier pack n price good lookin man

Tony

Staff member
Do not put your lights on the same circuit as your servos and Rx. You are just asking for trouble. And the lights should be 12v anyway.

wolfman76

What do you mean tony they are all leds and I have the on there own channel so I can turn them on n off from the tx.. they are the G.T. power lighting system

Tony

Staff member
Okay then. I will never run my lights and my system on the same circuit. If a light shorts out or something, it's going ot bring that plane down out of the sky.

Tony

Staff member
I would run the lights completely separate from anything that has to do with the flight controls of the plane. But that is just me. I try to take as many possibilities of a crash out that I can.

murankar

Staff member
Is there a way to use an inline fuse on the lights. If the lights short out the fuse blows and saves the rest.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

wolfman76

Update time ladies and gentlemen the redtail she is done.. have to center aileron servos then I will do a taxing video round the complex to get familiar and to center the steering on the tail wheel and should have a maiden video sunday weather permitting and also here's praying for many crash free flights n videos

Last edited:
Top Bottom