250 Oxy 3 hello 270 pro

Johnny 007

I'm trying to upload a video but won't let me cause to large but wen I throttle up to get off the ground my whole swash plates lifts up evenly at the same time I don't no if that's any idea for u so basically the shorter side of the blades tilt to the downwards position..

Rackman

Johnny007 welcome the Site. I was wondering if might have a (pitch gage) handy to insure both blade at same pitch.. you can remove them & we can balance them as so you won't receive any extra vibration during the next time your down or in the future .. you can check your Rotor head direction. should be spinning Clockwise while viewing its ration look for any wobble coming off the main shaft. you said the swashplate was moving upward during stick movement,, that's good evenly as well that good but to be sure it should be checked with a swash leveler but if you don't have one if you've
watched a few video's you seen how a zip tie wrapped around the main shaft to even your push rods ,,, even if you have to use sub trim
because not all servo's are at 90* when first installed (((( even remove the tail blades for this wont hurt ))) ley something on top of your
Skids to hold the bird down And until your ready to put every back together again burn some battery time up to check that all areas are functioning as they should((( i always start with tail & line it out first to insure it is going to swing my bird the right way then move on,, but if others here have spoke to you and have you on a good track run with it an :arms:HAPPY FLYING :arms:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning Johnny 007, you're in good hands within the Forum. I too have learn so much from this group. All those who have replied to you, also helped me greatly and wouldn't be where I'm today without them. :peaceful: The more questions you ask the better informed you are and I can attest this has only built my enjoyment in the hobby. :beerchug: :arms: :banana: :twothumbsup:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Johnny007 welcome the Site. I was wondering if might have a (pitch gage) handy to insure both blade at same pitch.. you can remove them & we can balance them as so you won't receive any extra vibration during the next time your down or in the future .. you can check your Rotor head direction. should be spinning Clockwise while viewing its ration look for any wobble coming off the main shaft. you said the swashplate was moving upward during stick movement,, that's good evenly as well that good but to be sure it should be checked with a swash leveler but if you don't have one if you've
watched a few video's you seen how a zip tie wrapped around the main shaft to even your push rods ,,, even if you have to use sub trim
because not all servo's are at 90* when first installed (((( even remove the tail blades for this wont hurt ))) ley something on top of your
Skids to hold the bird down And until your ready to put every back together again burn some battery time up to check that all areas are functioning as they should((( i always start with tail & line it out first to insure it is going to swing my bird the right way then move on,, but if others here have spoke to you and have you on a good track run with it an :arms:HAPPY FLYING :arms:
Johnny 007, Tony has an excellent video on how to balance your swash plate using either a gauge or a zip tie :peaceful:

Johnny 007

Thanks well I just went for it just to get it off the ground... Sooon as it leavss the ground at wen it's ready to take off it shoots hard left real as fast as the blades are spinning an carn't reallly control if enough fo just hover cause it goes hard left at wateva speed its at to get off the ground.. just abooying cause the guy I brought it from sent me a video of it just hovering around before I actually in purchased if from him and I just had to bind my remote to it n that's it

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning Johnny 007, I've put on my thinking hat and looking at possible areas to consider. Sounds like mechanical issues and not electric. If you have a hobby shop near by, ask them if they know of someone or a model flying club who can help. I would then get that person to physically go over your bird inch by inch. Important things to know: Is the swash plate level on all three axis ( pitch, elevator & aileron?, Are all your servo arms at 90 degrees to the swash plate? Any loose play or movement in the servo gears? I had a crash once and a member of the forum who lives near by, notice one of my servos had some play. There shouldn't be any movement other than the gears being engaged. Never thought about it because the servo had metal gears but quickly changed it. With your collective control at mid stick, are the blade grips horizonal to each other? You can tell this by the ball joints that hold push rods, they shouldn't be facing up or down but level. There are many fellow RC helicopter pilots you can count on to assist. :peaceful:

Johnny 007

Morning Johnny 007, I've put on my thinking hat and looking at possible areas to consider. Sounds like mechanical issues and not electric. If you have a hobby shop near by, ask them if they know of someone or a model flying club who can help. I would then get that person to physically go over your bird inch by inch. Important things to know: Is the swash plate level on all three axis ( pitch, elevator & aileron?, Are all your servo arms at 90 degrees to the swash plate? Any loose play or movement in the servo gears? I had a crash once and a member of the forum who lives near by, notice one of my servos had some play. There shouldn't be any movement other than the gears being engaged. Never thought about it because the servo had metal gears but quickly changed it. With your collective control at mid stick, are the blade grips horizonal to each other? You can tell this by the ball joints that hold push rods, they shouldn't be facing up or down but level. There are many fellow RC helicopter pilots you can count on to assist. :peaceful:
Is there a way to balance the rear tail blades. As I've balanced the swash plate etc that' all sits nice an level but now the helli spins round in circles faster an faster the more throttle I give it I kinda feel that maybe my rear tail blades are not balanced causing it to go in circles am I maybe sort of correct any help would b good

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning Johnny 007, The first thing that came to mind is: Are your tail rotor blades trim? They should be in a vertical position. And have equal throw in each direction while moving the collective stick side to side. If not this can be adjusted easy by your sub trim in your transmitter, a little goes a long way :peaceful: . Also look at your tail servo arm to the push rod, is it 90 degrees? Another visual check of your tail rotor blades, watch them automatically move as you push the helicopter nose in the opposite direction. You'll notice that the front of the blade (leading edge) also change. Hope this helps friend :peaceful:

buel williams

Is there a way to balance the rear tail blades. As I've balanced the swash plate etc that' all sits nice an level but now the helli spins round in circles faster an faster the more throttle I give it I kinda feel that maybe my rear tail blades are not balanced causing it to go in circles am I maybe sort of correct any help would b good
hey there johnny 007, a heli will fly with blades that are unbalanced but it will cause unnecessary vibration. you said that you got and could just bind and fly. but I think you need to do setup in FBL and your TX as well.

Johnny 007

In
hey there johnny 007, a heli will fly with blades that are unbalanced but it will cause unnecessary vibration. you said that you got and could just bind and fly. but I think you need to do setup in FBL and your TX as well.
Hey bud I'm just not understanding exactly wat u mean by setting up my fbl any tx as far as I think I have,, i have set my remote correctly.. but wen u say fbl an tx makes me think again I use the dx6i is there' any videos or something on how to st my remote up with this inparticular hellli that u no of ??

Top Bottom