250 Oxy 3 hello 270 pro

buel williams

In

Hey bud I'm just not understanding exactly wat u mean by setting up my fbl any tx as far as I think I have,, i have set my remote correctly.. but wen u say fbl an tx makes me think again I use the dx6i is there' any videos or something on how to st my remote up with this inparticular hellli that u no of ??
your manual for dx6i or TX shows you setup after you create a model. setup as far as rate mode,heading lock mode,swash type,servo travel,servo reverse,sub trims,flight mode ect. your FBL or flybarless unit manual shows settings for it also. all of my FBLs are manual push botton program no need for PC or software and a manual for them as well for setup. for your heli doing what you say it's doing just sounds program issue.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning Johnny 007, it took me a while to understand the difference in what buel williams has mention to you. But eventually it made sense and just like learning to hover, the light bulb went off:arms::banana::twothumbsup::boldblue::peaceful:. Tony has an excellent library on the forum that's priceless and by golly helped me. Hang in my friend, YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!:semi-twins:

Johnny 007

Hello Johnny 007 just wondering here,, what Flybarless system is it that you have on your Heli.. ? Make or Model so...
Oxy 3 250 pro wit a dx6i hoping that's wat u talking about.. if some has the settings I should have set up on my rote for this helli don't b shy plz send me over would b very gratefully

Rackman

Hello again.. what I was hoping to find out was the receiver/ fbl system that is on your helicopter. It might help in finding a resolution to your problem there..

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Johnny 007, This information is based on several sources and thoughts from others. And I take no credit on this information. These have helped me to understand better the differences between fly :peaceful: :thumbsup: bar/fly barless helicopters. Also learning from fran11784 has steered me in the right direction, In order to have an effective FBL bird, it depends on having a spot on perfect leveled swash plate. A faction of a degree off may let you get away with a flybar helicopter but not a FBL gyro system. They are so tuned to the reactions of the swash plate that it can detect everything. Everything is based on a reference position level swash plate during setup. If you recall I mention earlier using your DX6i menu with one servo at 90 degrees. The DX6i at this point done it's job. The FBL gyro system once program correctly will do the rest for you. The gyro uses this reference as a neutral point. It will constantly seek that perfect level as it calculates and makes course corrections as needed. Special note: if your swash plate is not perfectly ( going back to that swash plate again :nightmare:) then the cyclic will most likely cause drifting. And what do we do? OVER REACT. In other words your FBL tuning can only be as good as your swash plate being level. Rackman asked you earlier, "What kind of system were you set up on?" If you can get a manual on your bird that would be most helpful " find and download" if possible . Or even contacting the manufacturer directly. I don't think the problem is with your DX6i but it's the FBL system setup. My reason for saying this is because my first FBL was setup using a DX6i transmitter. This is the same radio I used on several flybar birds. It was fran11784 who schooled me on about getting a Gen 2 radio (have a DX6e) since FBL gyros have come a long way in keeping pace with the latest developments. I have two FBL birds, one is equip with the Microbeast and the other with the Spirit. Not having the experience in setup, he did this for me so I'm reading and learning. Guess you can say "working in progress" The same is true when I bought a new SUV with all those whistles and bells, nice to have but don't use half of them. Johnny 007, I hope was able to share some light with you. Remember there is nothing out there that can't be fix in this wonderful hobby. Best regards, Jim :peaceful:

Johnny 007

Hi Johnny 007, Just checking in with you to see how your bird is doing?
I'm still struggling I've alligned my swash plate level my servos at 9o degrees gone throughy transmitter settings all that sort of stuff still wants to tilt or go off sideways soon as it's bout to get off the ground.. so if u no anyone in the north west of Melbourne that's could potentially help me with my helli plz let me no I'll pay cash for someone to help me I don't care otherwise I'm Gona end up destroying the thing ...

buel williams

I'm still struggling I've alligned my swash plate level my servos at 9o degrees gone throughy transmitter settings all that sort of stuff still wants to tilt or go off sideways soon as it's bout to get off the ground.. so if u no anyone in the north west of Melbourne that's could potentially help me with my helli plz let me no I'll pay cash for someone to help me I don't care otherwise I'm Gona end up destroying the thing ...
hey there Johnny 007 would that be Melbourne Florida, I am like 2 1/2 hours north but Gena might be closer. What type of TX and RX do you have(radio,receiver/FBL). do you have manuals for both. I would love to help if I can. just need to hook up and make it happen.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've read though the thread, did you ever answer what FBL system you have? Almost sounds like your correction is wrong. In other words, your flybarless controller is correcting in the wrong direction. Power on the heli, keep it still till it initializes, then pick up the helicopter and slightly tilt it forward and backwards, side to side. Look at the swash plate while doing this, it should be tilting in the opposite direction. This could be hard to see on a small helicopter but should be noticeable. If this is right, be sure your sticks move everything in the right direction.
T

buel williams

YO hate to see or hear of nice bird going down therefor you can make a simple test stand so you can do spool ups and adjust as you go. No fear of biting the dirt.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Morning Johnny 007, I totally agree with buel williams about making a test stand :banana: :agree:. Don't be discourage my friend, you have several of us in the forum thinking this thru. :peaceful:

Johnny 007

Thnx guys I'm just waiting for a swash plate levelling tool to come from eBay the. Will get back to U all on my progress but text stAnd sounds interesting anyone have a diagram on how there made ?

buel williams

Thnx guys I'm just waiting for a swash plate levelling tool to come from eBay the. Will get back to U all on my progress but text stAnd sounds interesting anyone have a diagram on how there made ?
yo johnny 007 you can use a lazy susan or (turn table) that you can get from any hardware store. drill holes at each landing skid legs and zip tie down. mount to anything solid. that way you can spool up to watch your main blades for level and tracking. allows tail to move left and right to check tail compensation. spool up just enough to engage mains and tail I would not go full throttle it could pull screws from landing skids.

murankar

Staff member
Not sure what fbl your using but the Align 3gx had that very problem. One could not tune it out. The only way to solve it was to uodate the firmware which ended up giving the pilot the tail of death issue. If its tipping on spoolup then possibly the gyro isnt seeing level and is comoensating for it. Vubrations ca cause the gyro to act funky, using the wrong or to many stick pads can contribute to this issue.

Setup does the swash act as it should when giving input? Have you unplugged the motor and tried to give throttle to see how the swash acts, see if it lifts evenly? Can you calibrate the gyro for a new level point? Just some things i am thinking to check.

murankar

Staff member
Morning Johnny 007, The first thing that came to mind is: Are your tail rotor blades trim? They should be in a vertical position. And have equal throw in each direction while moving the collective stick side to side. If not this can be adjusted easy by your sub trim in your transmitter, a little goes a long way :peaceful: . Also look at your tail servo arm to the push rod, is it 90 degrees? Another visual check of your tail rotor blades, watch them automatically move as you push the helicopter nose in the opposite direction. You'll notice that the front of the blade (leading edge) also change. Hope this helps friend :peaceful:
Be careful on that with the tail setup. Some gyros want 6 to 8 degrees of pitch for the zero position. Its been to long but in think Vbar and Neo want 8 degrees in the tail for the zero point. I cant speak on behalf of any othet fbl because i havent set them up.

Top Bottom