250 Oxy 3 Build

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there URI. Sounds like you are slowly getting them dialed in. Good for you. Can't wait til you do so we can see them in action :).

murankar

Staff member
Well I was going to go and get some video but dumb me forgot the SD card for the camera. So I will be going back out shortly. Need some food and drink. Oh and an SD card.

murankar

Staff member
Now edit rendner and upload time. I did moke more adjustments. My head gain was way to high. Dropped down to around 45.

murankar

Staff member
The saga continues. Everything I think its getting close I find somersetting else on this thing. Anyhow the something is still oscillating and i think its the head. I have fiddled with the main gains with the P and I at default; and I have messed with both P and I gain. Before I go and say I bent a shaft I am going to go back to the carbon blades and see what happens. I think the plastic blades maybe a no go on this kit. Hopefully the weather clears up for tomorrow. Today we got dumped on with the rain. I did manage 12 flights before the rains came in.

murankar

Staff member
Just updating the thread.

Tuesday I will finally have the appropriate batteries for this kit. When I first got the kit all I could get were 1300 mah 45c batteries. These packs are fine I just don't like the 5 minute flight time on super low head speed. Plus not to forget that I forgot to discharge the packs last May. These packs have been sitting for almost a year now.

Today I went ahead an installed my UI sensor. This is a pack monitor for the Mikado telemetry system. It will track everything about the pack; current draw, wattag, consumption, cycles, flight time (based on power cycles). This one piece of kit is about $100 US. Its been sitting in the bin since I grounded the goblin. Figured I would try and get some use of it.

For now its a waiting game till Tuesday. I may just fly these 1300s till then. Gives me a chance to ensure my tune is still good and just knock the dust off the skills.

murankar

Staff member
Today I finished off a pack that was charged last year. The tail had a slight wag. Nit sure if its the battery or the heli. I jumped my main tail gain up 5 points and my p gain 5 points. I might need to jump the p gain another 5 or 10 points.

For now it flies. I just have to solve a minor problem. Getting the canopy to mount. Its a right fit to begin with. Now its even tighter . I won't know how to solve it until I get my new packs. The leads should be longer which should help me out a bit. Anyways here's to crossed fingers .

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there URI. You mention before that you had 1300 mah 45c batteries for the bird. What are you getting this time for that bird...just curious :).

murankar

Staff member
Going with 1550s. Thats the biggest pack recommended by Lynx. The 1300s on the lowest headspeed nets 5 minutes of flight solid. I forget my head speed settings currently. Any of the OXY 3 sports will take upto 6s packs. I personally don't see way any one needs 6s on a 250 class heli. And yes I saw Tareq beat the hell out of this kit on 6s xnova build.

1550 45c Tattu packs is what I got. Thats the only pack I could find in the configuration. 45c was what I wanted. I co I ld have gotten options power 1500s at 50c or something. All I know is that the price was double these. The quad market is killing the 4s market.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, that's what I have on my quads are the 4s Tattu 1550 45c. They work wonderful. I don't remember where I got them at but they were on sale for $19.00 each so I bought 8 of them. I couldn't resist for that price :).

murankar

Staff member
Mine were about $24 each at amain. I got packs to see how they do. I am sure for me they will be more than enough power. All I want is about 6 solid minutes. If I get 6.5 to 7 that would be bonus.

murankar

Staff member
The packs came in today. Tomorrow I may or may not have time to solder them. We shall see. Its looking like my issue maybe solved won't know for sure till tomorrow.

The issue is the canopy doesn't fit right with the current setup which adds UI support on the kit. That's all on this thread.

Just to throw this out there the radio battery is installed and charging .

Top Bottom