250 Oxy 3 Build

murankar

Staff member
The Unboxing video. Yes I say I was not going to do an unboxing. Just watch the video and enjoy it, I hope.

murankar

Staff member
Its been hard to not build it. Thus weekend i hope to get the videos edited that I shot last week. Finish the video series and edit it. Then start the other project.

murankar

Staff member
Its delayed a bit. I won't have the rest of the stuff till later today. Its been a week since I ordered the stuff.

I have my oil, grease , blades, oxy setup tool and green thread lock. Oh and 2 servos. I thought all I needed was just the tail servo. When you don't pay attention to what your doing young and to smoke one out. Yep I roasted a bk cyclic servo. New on will be hear today so I can get this build going again.

murankar

Staff member
Holy crap Batman, this thing is squirrelly at 3500 H.S. I had to turn down the vivid, and style sliders. I added 10 points to expo which is now 20. Oh and for S and Gs I have my bank 3 at 4500. Yes 4500 on 4S and 12.5 degrees is seriously rocking.

My flight time is about 5.5 minutes with 27 percent left.

murankar

Staff member
Once I figure out how to get the cam on a hat. Right now my hat cam rig is at the house.

6 Flights for today. All of them trying to get the tail dialed in. Spool up was scary, the esc handed off control to the Vbar gov and holy cow did the tail kick right, 45 degrees to the right. Had to go in and adjust a couple Neo settings in the governor.

Since this heli does not have a default option at set up time you have to go in a set it up as a 450 then dial everything down. As of right now I think the 50mm tail blades have to much power for the head speed which I think I causing the tail to not want to dial in. I have hunting going on. I turned up the I gain by 20 and it still did not go away. Right now I am looking for the smaller blades. I cant seem to remember where I put them; as you were I just found them. Waiting on the thread lock to dry and packs charge before I go out.

Long story short its a fun little helicopter at 3500. 4500 will wake you up.

murankar

Staff member
Yep tail blades needed to be swapped out to the 47mm set. Now I have tail shake on a punch out which i think is a high tail gain. Need to keep dropping it a point or two till its gone. I got rid of the tail kick on punch out, did the auto trim flight and this little girl is just about hands off hover. I am still having an odd effect between the esc and the vabr governor. I think the ramp up in the esc needs to be extended a little bit more.

Whats happening is the heli does the initial startup and spools to a low head speed, then out of no where it pauses for a couple miliseconds and it ramps to an instant 50% throttle which kicks the tail left. Then on spool down it kept wanting to chicken dance unless I kept full positive collective. I want to say that is coming from the main blades and how tight/loose they are in the grips. The blades want to fold on spool down and they start to.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Nice going URI. Nothing wrong with taking it easy. Seem to me anyway, you are a lot more comfortable flying the Oxy 3 vs your Goblin :).

murankar

Staff member
It's less scary. The first flight I was scared as hell not knowing if the settings were good.
That was flight 9 for him. So I have had a few flights to get comfy with it. But yes over all the kit is stable, runs smooth and is quiet. You can hear it but not like other kits that size.

Thank you for the responses. I still have to edit up the rest of the build videos.

xokia

What battery you using to get 5.5min on 4S? I get 3.5 on 4S 4K rpms. It’s an ok heli but ended up swapping some 300x screws for the oxy. I hate philips on a heli I don’t think they belong. So I swapped some of my 300x screws to the oxy

murankar

Staff member
I have the Tatu 1800 35C packs. I run bank 1 @ 3500 Bank 2 @ 3800 and bank 3 @ 4200. I had the 14T pinion but just swapped it out for the 11T. I also Just dropped my head speeds to 3000 3500 4000. Not sure what that is going to do but I hope to get to 6 minutes. I would love that extra minute. Currently I am waiting on an anti rotation pin for the swash. I lost mine the other day because I forgot to thread lock it.

My kit has all hex heads except for the push rod support. Forgot I have 12.5 degrees of pitch.

murankar

Staff member
here is another video of the Oxy 3. This is the swash level technique that uses the provided leveling tool.

Top Bottom