Micro Oxy 2 Sport

murankar

Staff member
So I went to lynx heli last night because i was board. One thing you should not do at night is make a shopping list, especially for rc stuff.

Anyhow after watching flight videos and couple build videos I thought I would post my thoughts on this kit.

So the base kit with two sets of mains (plastic and carbon plastic), a tail set of blades and the normal airframe. Amain has it for $140 and of course after shipping and taxes, you know the song and dance. Now this kit is designed up to 4S but its best on 3S for everyday pilots. Keeps weight and cost down. On a 3S 800 mah 35C pack this kit comes in at around 350 grams. From what I saw the config for the weight was with the lynx high end servos and standard motor, hobbywing 25 amp esc and a full size fbl unit (it looked like a NEO). Not bad.

Who would benefit from this kit? From what I could tell anyone who has a blade 130X or 180cfx and maybe even a 200 that needs rekitted. It takes all the same electrics as those kits. Since blade discontinued the earlier 2 helis we now can transplant those parts over to a better design in my opinion. That's just based off what I read and saw. I have no first hand experience as of yet

I briefly looked at parts cost. They are over affordable if you know how to crash or you don't crash much. This is micro heli so it has its flaws. I feel it won't crash well just because of the size. My experience with the CFX was a bad one. While it flew fine, every crash was a repair bill. I am not certain about this kit. Maybe if I owned one I could give more input.

My point on this was to show an option to replace those discontinued Micros. This kit does look the business and the factory pilot was killing. So if you want go take a look at it. To me this is a budget backyard dream.

Happy flying

murankar

Staff member
I got board and did some snooping. So the 180CFX is way smaller than the OXY2. The CFX swings 155s and the OXY 2 swings 215s max. So thread a good selling point. Its on the bigger side of micro.

So lets look at the nitty gritty. To outfit this kit with everything my guess is under $500. So lets add it up.

Airframe: 149.99
Servos and motor kit: 154.99
ESC: castle talon 25 amp: 31.99
FBL Spartan vortex : 99.99
RX: most spectrum guys should have a sat already.
Packs 3S 1050 Tatu 45c: 12.99

I got ball park $450 if your starting off with nothing for this size. I am assuming you have a charger, RX and radio. Now from what I have read this kit can take all the same stuff that the CFX has. What's nice is that the pilot can save $100 right off the rip with the FBL unit and RX since its an all in one. It binds to all dsmx2 radios.

Some other things to consider is that the Hobby wing 25 amp is cheaper by about 3 or 4 dollars. Problem is its heavier than a castle. One could recycle the CFX esc but I don't know what brand or rating it is. I have heard that it was a castle esc, I don't know for sure. I looked at it and appears to be a plain jane 25 amp esc. Either way it's still usable. That can drop the kit fee closer to 300 out the door.

I personally do not like the specktrum servos for the CFX. There was little thought put into them. I would just spring for the servo motor combo and be done. Lynx makes some decent stuff for us budget hobbyists. Since we are not pushing our kits to the fullest we can settle on the cheaper end stuff.

I really thought this kit was either smaller than it is or I thunk the CFX to be bigger than it is. Either way on my head I see this as a great backyard beater.

Oh I forgot to mention. The CFX is torque tube driven. For some this is an issue. It can strip easily and be a down side. The oxy2 is a belt driven tail. Huge pluses for beginners.

Top Bottom