Scale Out Of Ideas

Mac Mckee

A while back, I was having problems with the swash servos twitching whenever throttle was applied. More throttle=more twitch. I searched everywhere and found a spot where a servo was touching the fuselage. Fixed that and made sure that nothing was touching anywhere. In fact, I've done everything to remedy any potential vibration. Found that the main shaft was a little warped and replaced it. On startup without the main blades attached, the swash operated normally. Ran several times with no issues. Attached the main blades for a run up test and the twitches were back. Now the twitches are present even when the blades are off. It's an RC Aerodyne MD500 fuselage, trex 450, AR7200BX gyro. All servos are new metal gear. Is there a way to turn down the sensitivity of the BX?

Smoggie

Sounds like a vibration problem. If the main shaft was bent that I'm guessing it's been crashed in the past. If the crash was bad enough to bend the main shaft then almost certainly the feathering shaft is bent too . You might want to also check for damaged bearings.

Make sure that the FBL is mounted on the correct vibration absorbing tape and it's not touching any part of the frame.

There is no way to 'turn down' vibration sensitivity, you have to get rid of the vibration.

Top Bottom