Out In The Studio

Tony

Staff member
Decided to get away from the 'office' and come out here to the studio and see what I could get done. Turns out, as last time, there is no internet out here. Go figure. So I started shooting a little video on the new ODRVM camera that was sent to me and after I finished that video (keyboard issues and everything else) I found out there was an issue with the router out here. Not the bridge, but the router. Ugh, this crap never ends.

So now that I have internet, now I need to see what in the world is wrong with the router because that is what I connect everything to out here. It never ends, if it's not one thing, it's 15 others...

Geena

Staff member
Dang, that stinks. We had to replace our router a few months ago too, so I know how aggravating it is. I hope you get it sorted.

Tony

Staff member
I want to get a router like I have in my house to put out here as a repeater, but $300 for a router for a building that I'm seldom in seems like a waste lmao. Which leaves me with jacking around with this crap that I have out here. It's all good though. Was able to get a video shot so I can get an amazon company off my butt lmao.

Geena

Staff member
Yeah...$300 seems a bit much. I`m not sure I would pay that for the one in the house...lol. #300 can buy a lot of RC stuff. :D Awesome you got the video done though. :)

Tony

Staff member
Here is the thing with my router in my house though. I have over 60 devices connected to it at any given time. From security cameras, to multiple bridges, to all of the computers and wireless electronics, the multiple servers I have running and they all need to communicate with each other. This is the only reason I have the router that I have lol. Everything else on my network is not nearly as good.

And about the video, it was just a review of an action camera, and no, it's not one that you would want to record flights from your hat. 170º FOV static. But to put on a vehicle or aircraft it's not that bad. More details in the video which I'm thinking is going to be VERY long... And it's still raining... ugh...

Geena

Staff member
I can see your need for such a powerful setup. I think we might have 6...tops...devices on our router at any given time. I`m still considering the camera you sent me the link to. I need a decent camera to use a a hat cam, or for Aaron to take videos of my flights. The go-pro falls pretty short for that purpose, but I know it was not intended for that anyway. Right now, I`m using a Canon S3IS, (when Aaron will go record for me) and the go-pro when he won`t. In other new, he did fix the photos page on my sight. It opens in its own window now. So now visitors won`t have to re-open the sight to get back to it. :)

Tony

Staff member
I still stand by that SJ5000X Elite camera. It is fantastic as far as video quality goes. The audio is not great, but it gets the job done. I'm trying to find a cheaper camera with a narrow FOV and once I do I will be trying to get my hands on it.

And he did the good ole target='blank' trick lol. I have done that a few times. If at any time you need any help setting it up, all you have to do is ask. I have dreamweaver and I'm not afraid to use it :chuckles:

And you could always take your gopro footage and try to edit it and zoom into it. That is pretty much what the SJ is doing, but not saving all of the video not being seen.

Geena

Staff member
LOL...yeah, that`s what he did. It works, so I`m happy. :) I went into the go-pro settings, and narrowed the FOV to 127 degrees, I think is what it was. The default was like 170. I have not tried it since I changed it though, so it might be ok now. I keep forgetting to take it with me....hahaha

Geena

Staff member
I know I do. But more importantly, I need to remember to use it. A lot of times, I`ll take it with me and never bring it out of the car. I get to flying, and enjoying the helicopters...and just forget to even take photos.

Geena

Staff member
LMBO...no doubt. I have a dash camera in the car. I should just pull in, instead of backing in....and just leave it running..hahaha

Top Bottom