450 Ordered T-Rex 450 Sport V2

Kenny G

Thanks for the encouragement and helpful info on picking a Align 450. Hope it gets here from Ca. for next week I'm on vacation next week and have some time to work on it. Also ordered a swashplate leveling tool and a pair of main shafts. I'll order other parts later. I'm planning on taking my time building the kit. Making sure every thing is right. Be checking out Tony's videos and asking questions I've learned the only dumb questions are the ones not asked. Thanks again!! Kenny G.

Derek

That's awesome, Kenny! If you ordered the heli today, I imagine you'll have it by this weekend. The swashplate leveling tool and pair of main shafts are going to come in handy. I'd also like to suggest getting a good set (or two) of allen drivers. You will need two drivers, of the same size, to install and/or remove the feathering shaft in the rotor head. I bought two sets of four Align drivers so that I had the drivers needed for my heli's. I think they were the $17.00 sets.

Have fun on your vacation! Have fun with your build!!!

...and yes...the only dumb questions are the ones not asked....if you run into troubles and you've got questions....post them up on the forum. We'll help ya out!!!

RMB677

Just started assembly of the kit I've had sitting and starring for the past 3 months. I had cataract surgury on both eyes and have finally gotten the final corrective lens so my vision is normal and I can see the small parts. Reading the instructions the only thing that really has me concerned is setting the ESP. If the tones aren't loud, or the right pitch, I may have trouble hearing them even with the hearing aids.

Tony

Staff member
Here is a secret for the tones if they are not loud enough. Put your hand on the motor. You will be able to "FEEL" the number of beeps.

RMB677

Kenny, just an update that may save you some hassle. As I got further into reading on the ESC set up I noticed that the instructions do show the factory default settings and they seen to suite my needs. Anyone have any comments about leaving them at default.

Also it looks like it is easier to mount the receiver and gyro before installing the rudder servo with mount. One thing I will be doing in the future is getting a stainless steel screw set from A Main Hobbies. If you remove the supplied screws more than once or twice the socket starts to strip.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Ken, The first time I built my 450 I used Tonys videos and it brought me to this wonderful forum.

After I crashed, built, crashed then upgraded some parts, I found an easier way to build:)

Only using the manual for referance, and Tonys videos, I find it easier and with other models to build everything on to the right hand side body(Aileron side). It then made it easier to route the wires under the main bearing supports to give a neat and tidy finish.

Just a thought:)
Be sure and post plenty of pics:)

Top Bottom