Other Ordered A Lemon Rx

bigone5500

I bought a Lemon Rx DSMX from ebay for $15 shipped. It should be here Friday. I'll do a review of sorts when it comes in. I also ordered a couple motor/esc combos and a pack of 8x4 props.

Smoggie

Which model of DSMX receiver (Lemon make several). I use Lemons on almost everything i build these days, even my 700 size helis.

bigone5500

All I know is it was sold as DSMX and was $4 higher than the DSM2 model. But at $15 a pop that's cheap enough for me. Heck, $15 for Rx, $14 for motor/esc/props, and $10 for a battery. That's cheap enough for a $2 plane. I'm good with those figures!

Derek

Yep...from a cost aspect....you are definitely on your way! Best of luck and have fun!!!

Smoggie

While I rate Lemon receivers very highly they aren't infallible (I have experienced a faulty one) so as with any new setup make sure to do a range check before the first flight. Same advice would go for all Rx brands.

bigone5500

I connected the Rx to my RCH Trainer. The pins are oriented in the same way as my AR610 and probably every other 6 channel Rx. I connected the bind plug to the first set of pins and plugged in the battery. The red LED started flashing immediately. I proceeded to bind as usual with my DX6e and immediately it found the Rx and binding was complete. Everything works as it should. The only thing I wish I had done is got the top pin version. This end pin is going to be a pain to work with when I need to rebind and it's installed in the plane. I'll probably put it in a plane that's easy to work with.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. I'll do a range test and see how it fares later.

*edit* I wanted to add that the pins not having a plastic case surrounding them will make installing the servo plugs a breeze no matter the style used (Futaba, JR, HiTec, etc...) as most plugs have a 'keying' molded into them. You will have to pay attention to the orientation of the plug which is ground at the bottom for my model and to the outside pins on the top pin version.

Grumpy

On your end pin rx plug a short extender cable in and leave it there for bind purposes. Have the same problem with radian pro. also works well when you have limited space on any aircraft in the receiver compartment.

Top Bottom