1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Other Ordered A Lemon Rx

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by bigone5500, Nov 13, 2017.

< Dx6 Problem? | Qx90 Won't Bind >
  1. bigone5500

bigone5500 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I bought a Lemon Rx DSMX from ebay for $15 shipped. It should be here Friday. I'll do a review of sorts when it comes in. I also ordered a couple motor/esc combos and a pack of 8x4 props.

2. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Which model of DSMX receiver (Lemon make several). I use Lemons on almost everything i build these days, even my 700 size helis.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    a lot of people are using the Lemon rx's with great success.

4. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    All I know is it was sold as DSMX and was $4 higher than the DSM2 model. But at $15 a pop that's cheap enough for me. Heck, $15 for Rx, $14 for motor/esc/props, and $10 for a battery. That's cheap enough for a $2 plane. I'm good with those figures!

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yep...from a cost aspect....you are definitely on your way! Best of luck and have fun!!!

6. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    While I rate Lemon receivers very highly they aren't infallible (I have experienced a faulty one) so as with any new setup make sure to do a range check before the first flight. Same advice would go for all Rx brands.

7. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    The Rx came in today. I will do a test with it and report my findings.

8. bigone5500

Blog Posts:
    I connected the Rx to my RCH Trainer. The pins are oriented in the same way as my AR610 and probably every other 6 channel Rx. I connected the bind plug to the first set of pins and plugged in the battery. The red LED started flashing immediately. I proceeded to bind as usual with my DX6e and immediately it found the Rx and binding was complete. Everything works as it should. The only thing I wish I had done is got the top pin version. This end pin is going to be a pain to work with when I need to rebind and it's installed in the plane. I'll probably put it in a plane that's easy to work with.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. I'll do a range test and see how it fares later.

*edit* I wanted to add that the pins not having a plastic case surrounding them will make installing the servo plugs a breeze no matter the style used (Futaba, JR, HiTec, etc...) as most plugs have a 'keying' molded into them. You will have to pay attention to the orientation of the plug which is ground at the bottom for my model and to the outside pins on the top pin version.

9. Grumpy

Grumpy New Member

Blog Posts:
    On your end pin rx plug a short extender cable in and leave it there for bind purposes. Have the same problem with radian pro. also works well when you have limited space on any aircraft in the receiver compartment.

< Dx6 Problem? | Qx90 Won't Bind >