Opinions On This Subwoofer

RandyDSok

It didn't take me very long to figure out I really didn't want to be a auto stereo installer... and this was back in the mid 70's when it was still relatively straight forward... ie 4 wires to the amp ( typically with an eq in the middle between the head and amp) and a pair of wires to each speaker plus the power lines.

In fact, I'm pretty sure setting up for a gig with a 16ch snake to a 16ch mixer, a parametric eq, digital delay and reverb... then the lines to 6 speakers from 3 stereo amps, 4 monitors 1-2 guitars, bass, mikes for a drum set and a mike for each singer... was less work. :D

bigone5500

I installed a complete system in a '05 plymouth neon in about 6 hours. It was so easy. Everything was 'snap-tite', no screws holding the panels on. running the RCA cables and power wires was the hardest part.

As for this truck, I connected all the wires as per the instructions. Lo and behold it seems I still need the maestro rr box that I didn't get. There are several small plugs that go to it and I'm sure that even though I don't have all the fancy features on other vehicles, I still need that box. But...I'll not buy it. All I need is a 12v switched connection and the stereo will come on. I'll be using the cigarette lighter wire for that. The radio looks great all mounted up and powerless and all...

20180708_193659.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I would probably upgrade my radio if I didn't have the one I got with the car. But came with upgraded option; everything Bose to include the sub. My sub isn't anything fancy. When Bose designs their stuff its all balanced and optimised. While in side it sounds great its not house rattling.

Tony

Staff member
My Camaro came with a Bose system as well with a sub. I had an Eclipse that had a factory Fosgate system in it. It hit pretty good. Oh, and I have pulled everything Bose out of my Camaro lol.

murankar

Staff member
One is not. I like my setup for the most part. Only thing I am missing is Bluetooth for audio. I have it for phone just not audio.

Top Bottom