Micro OOPS

ok im sure im not the only one that has done this.. i may have been flying my heli out side, and there may have been a 3 story building near me,,,, and i may... have crashed on top of it.. what is my best chance of getting it down...

pvolcko

Ask to see the building manager/super and ask nicely to get access to get it back. Or climb it freestyle.

Tony

Staff member
No roof access? Oh, that's not good lol. IT's going to take a bucket truck to put someone up there to get it then. And that is going to cost some big bucks.

Lee

Thats a tricky one. If i was there, i'd hover my FPV quad over the roof to see where it was, and maybe i could blow it over the edge.
Good luck dude.

Tony

Staff member
Oh, even better yet Lee. Put a Pan/Tilt on teh quad adn get some kind of hook setup going and fly your quad up there and just hook onto it hehe. :scratchchin:

LOL well good new and bad news... good news i do have another heli i could fly.. bad news is im notthat good with it and thats why my first one is up there.

- - - Updated - - -

i just got done speaking with the fire cheif and it's going to cost me 25 bucks

Westy

LEGEND
ha ha .... $25 bucks ..... what a crack up! Ransom for a heli Lol!

What ever you do .... DO NOT fly in that area anymore or you will lose another one of 2 haha..... LOL

Graham Lawrie

$25 for a rescue service for Helis..........only in America:)LOL they would tell you to **** off in the UK:) worth every dollar:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
or do what I did.. called 911.. gave them a laugh.. they sent a fire truck ( in a very calm country side ) and they got a BIG laugh.. and rescued my 450 from a tree.. and then ... Took pics and posted on their wall :p .. Yep! I did that :D

xokia

I think I would give them the $25 and order a couple pizza's for the station house. I'm surprised they didn't hang up on you.

ok i do have another question on this matter how weather resistant are helios, like rain,snow,dirt all of the above.. cuz i have not powered on my heili yet. cause it sat on a roof in a snow bank it rained 1 day followed by 3 feet of snow... can they make it threw that or did i just ruin 200$

Lee

I've heard of people getting there helis back after a couple of weeks of bad weather, and they still worked. I would put the whole thing in a box of rice, and leave it a few days to absorb any moisture before plugging in a new battery.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, what he said. Servos are sealed, or should be, against water and dirt, but the ESC's electronics are only protected by heat shrink and everything can get in there. The motor is not protected either. then there is the gyro... All you can do is test things out.

Top Bottom