Oops forgot to turn on Idol Up, what a brain fart

pvolcko

Oh man... that sucks. Did it feel wrong during those flips? Sound wrong? I've done this on occasion, but almost never get past the first flip or roll before realizing something is up. Rarely I'll get to a second flip and then realize to flip the switch. Never have tried to go inverted in normal mode though. :) It actually hung in the air a good while before falling out of the sky.

Derek

That's a bummer, Ken! It looked like a pretty hard hit, too. I hope the damage isn't real bad!

Tony

Staff member
Been there, and yup, it sucks. The only time I caught it on video was when I was able to save it, but with the way the YEP does the throttle (very slow with stick movements to spool back up unlike others that know when to give instantaneous power) I almost lost it. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

Ken Jackson

Oh man... that sucks. Did it feel wrong during those flips? Sound wrong? I've done this on occasion, but almost never get past the first flip or roll before realizing something is up. Rarely I'll get to a second flip and then realize to flip the switch. Never have tried to go inverted in normal mode though. :) It actually hung in the air a good while before falling out of the sky.

I didn't really know what happened at first. Thought the motor quit. Then I realized what had happened. When I watched video I could see and hear it but when I was flying didn't notice anything until it fell from the sky. Could have saved that one but didn't realize in time.

Ken Jackson

Well its back in the air again. This is build 17 of this same helicopter. I highly recommend the Mavrikk blades. I put the green feet on so its easier for me to identify my different versions in videos. This flies pretty smooth but need to run set up before I go out again.

My TRex build 17 September 5, 2013 - YouTube

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Summary of damages;
new main blades, cracked front of frame (cut new supports from old CF frame, replaced bottom plate. Nothing else was harmed in this crash. I think this may have been the least expensive crash I have had with a big helicopter.

Derek

That was a great flight, Ken! Nice job! I'm glad the crash damage wasn't a lot. I wonder why the heli isn't liking the piro's.

Top Bottom