General One of those days

treff

One of those days started off with me fitting all the cyclic servos up side down, not a good start. Well the helicopter is complete but for the life of me I can not get the electronics to work properly. Rudder and Gyro perfect no problems. The cyclic servos are driving me nuts. When everything appears to be working the right way the throttle/pitch control appears to be reversed. Is there a simple way for a simpleton like me to know what going on? No need for rushed replies I have put this helicopter to one side and will look at it again in about a months time. I just wanted to know where I am going wrong and yes I have cleared the TX memory and started over again about 3 times but still having problems. When, to me at least, things seemed to be working in the right sense the throttle will not go to full throw as if the swash is jammed on the main shaft but I can not see where this could happen. So, one of those days that promised to much LOL. Cheers.

Slobberdog

Yes Treff, reverse the values in your swash mix screen, if it says +60 change it to -60 and vice versa.

As for full throw are do you have it set with dual rate, if not you can increase the value in swash mix to give yourself more travel.

Westy

LEGEND
+1 Slobberdog...... as long as you can get all the servos to work together going up or down..... (in servo reverse menu) then worry about whether the swash is going up or down with your throttle.

this is as SLobberdog says in the Swash menu. I it is going down when you are going up on your collective.... change PIT from + to - ... to increase the amount of travel or reduce it to get your pitch range....

increase that % closer to 100 (in the direction it is in ... + or -).

Do the same for Ail and ELE Swash ....

treff

Thanks very much for the replies gents I really appreciate it. Just one more point. In the Swash plate mix do the three have to be the same, do they all have to be positive or do they all have to be negative? or can you mix them? Cheers.

treff

Thanks for the reply Slobberdog. When I give up, increase the thottle the swash moves in the right direction but by a very small amount. if I move it down the aileron and pitch arms nearly come off the servos with the strain. Something very wrong. If I move the pitch control, the right stick forwards and backward everything goes up and down as if it were the throttle stick. Something is obviously wrong and I can not see what it is. I just can not get my head around it. I am going to give it a rest because it will drive me nuts LOL. Maybe in a few week I will have another look with a fresh mind. Cheers

Everyone has told me that the swash does need to have the same servos. For the fact that you need to have the same speed servos on the swash. unless you have a radio that can control servo speed that is.... (something like the D18i)
I'm putting mine on hold for a few weeks until parts come in, but then i can attack it with a fresh mind as well.... plus the 4wd needs some work on it, so will spend the next few weekends climbing over it to get it sorted

Lee

If you are getting uneven movement of the servo arms, did you take the arms of and find the servos centre and put the arms back on at 90º?

Top Bottom