On board camera's

Derek

I'm curious what kind of camera's you all are using for your "on board" camera's. I know that some of you are using the GoPro's. I can't afford that quite yet, lol.

I have some scratch build planes that I attach my keychain camera to and that works kinda-sorta. Well, it does work, but the quality just isn't real good. Does anyone have any suggestions for a small and light weight video camera that can be put on my planes?

The rule for this section does say "DO NOT POST RC RELATED QUESTIONS IN HERE!" Well, this isn't a direct "rc" question, so I hope posting this question here is ok.

Last edited:

Derek

Go pro is where it's at man! Lol

For sure...the GoPro's are no joke. However, I'm really looking for something smaller that I can put on my flying wing and my motor glider. My wing only weighs 17oz, with the battery.

Lee

I use the key chain cams. The #16 is the latest HD version, and can be use as an FPV cam too, but the video out quality isn't too sharp. I would like to try one of the Foxtech Horizon HD cams. Similar in quality to the GoPro but cheaper and because the lens is seperate to the LCD, you can mount the lens on the plane and the LCD can be safely tucked away inside the model. It also can be used as an FPV cam.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I love my 808 #16 with D lense key chain. It records like a champ in "HD" .. and i use it for a hat cam too. I have refocus it .. but thats about it! I love it for the price.. 55 some bucks with a16 gb card in it.

Derek

Awesome Gaba! Thanks!

I remember seeing the video from your "Whiplash" flight. That quality was much better than anything I get from my little cam.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
there are two videos there. THe HD one is from my iphone. THe other Long one is the one from my 808 key chain on my hat

Tony

Staff member
I used Keychain cams in my videos. On my planes, I would put a piece of electrical tape over it holding it down very securely. If you don't, it will vibrate and screw up the video quality with waves.

wolfman76

if you can get ahold of one i have a dice camera for 40 some bucks from hobbypartz or xheli but like i said they sale fast when they are in stock so you have to watch for them regularly but it shoots photos or 720p hd video sound from it is not that great but we really only want the video in most cases the in flight video of the crash of my spider quad was shot by the dice cam it also has motion sensor and night vision also....

Top Bottom