1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Flight Controllers Omnibus F4 Betaflight Setup

Discussion in 'Multi-Rotor' started by Tony, Apr 1, 2018.

< Fyi. Batteries. | Loss Beeper Sound >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    If you have a physical plug to plug the satellite into, then definitely do it that way. I didn't have that plug as you can see in the pictures above even though the layout pics show it is there. Maybe this is just my board, but I had to solder it directly. Which turned out not to be a bad thing since I had this short little satellite cable that I had cut previously lol.

I do believe the satellite ports are on UART6, but also try UART3 as well. Make sure to go into the receiver tab and set it to Spektrum and then set the type to 2048, not 1024.

2. tampadrones

tampadrones New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yea, I have done that and verified that it hasnt changed between reboots. UART6 is on, Spek Sat 2048. No movement in the RC

3. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I have to ask, Have you went through the bind process and bound the satellite to your Tx? You can do it with a separate Rx or you (I think) can use set spektrum_sat_bind command in the CLI. And also, again I have to ask, did you turn on the serial rx in the config menu? Again, just trying to cover all bases here.

4. tampadrones

tampadrones New Member

Blog Posts:
    I was able to get rx working by reflashing the firmware, and flipping through the uart ports until UART 1 worked. I have movement in the rx tab now!

5. Tony

Blog Posts:
    UART1, really? Usually that is only dedicated to the USB port. Interesting. At least you got it working! :thumbsup:

6. Philip Haynes

Philip Haynes New Member

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to dig up an old post, but I have this FC & this thread is the closest I can find to a wireing diagram.
    I've got it up & flying, but want to get the battery voltage displayed in the OSD. I read connecting the vbat wire on the plug puts the battery voltage through all the 5v pads. Is this true?

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Give me a little bit. I just pulled this quad back out and I'm going to hook up some wires to see if I can get it to work. I would rather blow mine up than yours. Like you say, information on this board is few and far between. I will let you know in a little bit.

8. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Okay, I have confirmed what I thought to be true. You just run a wire from your positive (red) battery wire to the vbat pad. This will NOT push full pack voltage (on my controller, you could have a different one) to the 5v pads. I checked this with a volt meter. If you have the same board as the one in the pictures in the first post of this thread, then I'm pretty confident that it will work just as I have tested it. Let me know how it turns out, just use caution and take off anything you are worried about and test the pads with a volt meter before plugging anything in.

9. Philip Haynes

Philip Haynes New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Tony, I'll let you know the outcome & may even produce a schematic for this FC, showing how I've wired it, to help anyone else in the same position. Seems like a good little cheap FC.

10. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Only if you soft mount it. There is a reason this quad has never seen air time on video. The gyros are just way too sensitive.

11. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    Hey there Tony. Both my fossil 180 and 210 have the Omnibus F4V2 FC on them. Maybe because it's the V2 version but mine are mounted hard and the abuse I put them through don't seem sensitive at all. Especially the 180 because I use that one for free style and it has the tendency to visit the ground often. Like I mention, it might be because of the V2 version, I don't know.

12. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Yea, this one is the V1 and it just freaks out after about 5 seconds in the air lol.

13. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    I heard the same thing about the V3 one. They have ones up to V7 but I'm sticking to the V2 FC. There're easy to setup and I haven't had a problem with then beside the one beeper connection that's not working on the 180 but the 210 one works fine. I gave up on putting the beeper on the 180. I do have 3 other Omnibus F4V2 FC on stand by...just in case :eek:. I sent you one of those F4V2 FC that I had problem connecting to beta flight. If you get that one working...give it a try. I think you will like it :).

14. Tony

Blog Posts:
    I have all 3 of the boards sitting here on my desk. Trying to get caught up on everything and once I do, I will be looking into those boards.

< Fyi. Batteries. | Loss Beeper Sound >