Old Timer--new Stuff!!!!

valvue@gmailcom

I've been knocking around in this hobby off & on since I was 10. (about 67 years of it) NO, I didn't know Orville & Wilbur personally! :>) I re-inserted myself a year ago after about two decades away from the hobby. The technology of Drones lured me back-- but I found that my heart just wasn't into them and quickly went back to fixed wings. I bought some used equipment including a first gen DX8 which is my first ever computer type radio. Frankly, I have a lot of questions about programming on it. My first xmtr was a WAG back in the late 50s. (Walter A.Goode) Others along the way have been Orbit 10 ch. reed system and later a few 72mc futaba's etc. You young people probably won't have a clue what I'm talking about. So, this DX8 obviously leaves a lot for me to learn and getting old doesn't help in that regard. I have watched all the RC-Help video's that are pertinant to my issues and though I have learned a lot from them, I still have a way to go. (again, with the DX8 issues) Thank you for this forum. I hope to learn more as I go along.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there valvue. Welcome to the forum :welcome1: It doesn't matter what you like to fly as long as your having fun doing it :beerchug: You will find a bunch of useful information and excellent help on this forum :twothumbsup: There's no such thing as a dumb question here so ask away. We are all willing to help each other out to make this hobby enjoyable :arms:

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking out our videos. Anything we can help with, just post up and ask. The DX8 was what I owned as my last Tx and now I have the DX9 and love it. Just about everything that the DX9 can do, the DX8 G1 does do. So any of us should be able to provide help in that aspect.

:welcome1:

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, your making a good start Spektrum is a great system and is capable of doing a lot, to start with just concentrate on the basics getting the servos moving the way you want to the stage you can fly.
Once you get a bit of confidence you will find heaps of other stuff you can do, mixing, flaps, gear etc. Fixed wing are straight forward, if you decide to venture into helicopters it gets a bit more complex.

Main thing is have fun and ask questions.

Brick

I have had my DX9 now for Three years. I find something NEW it will do all the time. once you get used to maneuvering through the menus, it becomes a lot easier !

Top Bottom