1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Old Timer--new Stuff!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by valvue@gmailcom, Oct 28, 2019.

< G'day everyone... | New Heli Pilot From The Netherlands >
  1. valvue@gmailcom

valvue@gmailcom New Member

I've been knocking around in this hobby off & on since I was 10. (about 67 years of it) NO, I didn't know Orville & Wilbur personally! :>) I re-inserted myself a year ago after about two decades away from the hobby. The technology of Drones lured me back-- but I found that my heart just wasn't into them and quickly went back to fixed wings. I bought some used equipment including a first gen DX8 which is my first ever computer type radio. Frankly, I have a lot of questions about programming on it. My first xmtr was a WAG back in the late 50s. (Walter A.Goode) Others along the way have been Orbit 10 ch. reed system and later a few 72mc futaba's etc. You young people probably won't have a clue what I'm talking about. So, this DX8 obviously leaves a lot for me to learn and getting old doesn't help in that regard. I have watched all the RC-Help video's that are pertinant to my issues and though I have learned a lot from them, I still have a way to go. (again, with the DX8 issues) Thank you for this forum. I hope to learn more as I go along.

2. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Disable
    Hey there valvue. Welcome to the forum :welcome1: It doesn't matter what you like to fly as long as your having fun doing it :beerchug: You will find a bunch of useful information and excellent help on this forum :twothumbsup: There's no such thing as a dumb question here so ask away. We are all willing to help each other out to make this hobby enjoyable :arms:

3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking out our videos. Anything we can help with, just post up and ask. The DX8 was what I owned as my last Tx and now I have the DX9 and love it. Just about everything that the DX9 can do, the DX8 G1 does do. So any of us should be able to provide help in that aspect.

:welcome1:

4. Admiral

Admiral Well-Known Member

Information Technology (Retired)
    Welcome to the forum, your making a good start Spektrum is a great system and is capable of doing a lot, to start with just concentrate on the basics getting the servos moving the way you want to the stage you can fly.
    Once you get a bit of confidence you will find heaps of other stuff you can do, mixing, flaps, gear etc. Fixed wing are straight forward, if you decide to venture into helicopters it gets a bit more complex.

Main thing is have fun and ask questions.

5. Brick

Brick New Member

I have had my DX9 now for Three years. I find something NEW it will do all the time. once you get used to maneuvering through the menus, it becomes a lot easier !

< G'day everyone... | New Heli Pilot From The Netherlands >