General OLD newbie needs help

TURBOTWIST

Hello all ,a short intro I've been into R/C since about 92 and was active a lot back then always growing the fleet then in 96 life got super busy and time for flying was'nt there and only now an then got to dust things off.slowly again i've goten back into it some.clearing up most planes and tradeing off stuff for other stuff.do some upgradeing here and there.well what I left is mostly what I really liked.after the planes and boat stuff, I realized Helio's thats what I liked alot.in about 97 I got my frist chopper it was a HIROBO TSURUGI 60 enya .got it from a club member that was a decent pilot and truth full about everything the chopper was.offered all the help I needed.problem was it was a hour and a half drive away.then later
he moved farrer away (JOB).an I was on my own.the radio I got was a futaba fp-t8uhf with a lot of stuff in it that seem to totally loss me on settings.
the gyro was a futaba bb153 .back then it was a mech electic one that eat battries sort of fast.after a few dozen hovers some short circles and I was hooked.now I only got it out once in a while over the next year or so and never out of the tranning sticks and I had a tail strike .after fixing it all again I some how ended up with a wag go on. then a needle seat screw fell out and it did'nt run well.I never repaired the needle screw because it was a hard to find item as time went by the battery were bad and a friend tryed to help me get it going again only to fail cause of setup.it is in great shape today minus the needle.since then I traded away lots of planes and got a couple of savage xx nitro trucks that are a blast.well I traded a older four wheeler for bunch of Helio's and stuff two JR venture cp like new with OS MAX32sx in each with gy240 gyros ,a Century Hawk lll with a airplane mds40 no gyro ,a helioboy and extra century frame and head.and now the other week I was at a garage sale and picked up a HIROBO sceadu with no head but I knew it was a deal cause it looked real nice not beat at all storty was it hit a brush still learning young pilot that could'nt repair it.it has new OS max 32sx a gy401 gyro an all jr servos .now I would like to get back into flying and building ,I never loss my building skill set ,I'm very patient.now my down fall is i don't under stand some things that have changed ,I learned that the venture are a different from the tsurugi cause the swash plates are differently controled ,and i had to read every thing I could find about ccpm and standard 90 and 120 and 140.
I bought a jr 7202 for the ventures but have'nt messed with it much .my new but old fp-t8uhf does'nt have ccpm in it I don't think.I'm going to try and get some thing to fly frist I think a venture frist.my goal will be to bring the tsurgi to the air fix up the old century get some parts here and there to repair the sceadu which I don't know much about yet,I don't know what type of swash it used? here are some pic of a bunch of stuff that has not had much air under them and a lot of dust moved.I'll have questions but I'm slow on the computer skills.
TURBO
100_1314.jpg
100_1315.jpg
100_1316.jpg
100_1317.jpg
100_1318.jpg
100_1319.jpg
100_1320.jpg
and in any time i get i sometimes work on making a R/C dozer
100_0430.jpg

murankar

Staff member
Nice birds, looks like they cleaned up well. Time to start fixing and getting one of those in the air. You should be up and flying in now time.

Tony

Staff member
Those are really nice heli's. First thing I would do is upgrade the transmitters to 2.4ghz. that will pretty much eliminate any chance of a glitch. If you can replace the module in the back, that is the way to go. Other than that, looks like a great collection. Just let us know how we can help get you back in the air.

Lee

Love the Bulldozer. Will be great for scraping up crashed helis LOL Look forward to seeing them in the air soon.

TURBOTWIST

couple of questions this moring,frist can some of you guys tell what exactly this is , it says Hirobo 2001 all over the frame and links and I looked over frames on line it looks to be Sceadu I belive is 30/50 ? also what type of swashplate would have been there?and there are so many main heads I don't even follow all the accrorms.just was going to get the standard head and mast.and on another subject I seen many viedos on you tubbe that change a raido to 2.4 like frsky will that work for a xp7202 ,I think my fp-t8uhf won't work for ccpm ? the JR has several head types.full of question ,turbo .
100_1324.jpg
100_1323.jpg

murankar

Staff member
I think a lot of people on here will say the same thing as I am about to. The FlySky TH9X is a 9 channel TX with an 8 channel RX. It is low in cost considering what you get in a radio. There are some things to think about when using this setup. Personally I feel the radio is a good radio for most applications up to the 500 size helis. If you want to fly anything over a 500 you should really consider using somrthing along the lines of a DX7 or 8, Futaba, Jr or Aurora. These radio systems are more expensive, but your 600 or bigger heli will be in better hands. The last thing you want is a large heli to lose control due to cheap equipment. Now if your helis were of the 450 class I would say use the TH9X all day every day. I have no other info on yous post about the heli. This is just my two cents on the TX/RX system. I hope this helps.

Top Bottom