Old guy new site

foolforspeed

Hey everybody I'm Alan. I'm a carpenter for 30 something years, married for 30 years with 2 kids that are grown and gone. I have 2 grandsons-7 & 3. The oldest grandson got me interested in helis about 4 years ago. When my grandson is interested in something then so am I. I bought a $30 POS from best buy so my grandson & I could play with it together. Of course when he wasn't at my house I played with it alone. Long story short I bought a better one over and over until I got where I am today.........Completely addicted to RC helis!!!

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Alan! A carpenter huh? That is real work right there lmao. Let us know if we can help out with anything. Hope to see some pictures and/or videos of your toys.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hi there, Alan! Welcome to the site! I think it's a real great thing that you spend the time with your grandsons. I'm 37 now, and unfortunately, I don't have any grand parents around anymore. RC Heli's are what got me started with RC and, like you, I'm addicted, lol.

Post up your pics and videos when you get time. Even better...post up some pics or videos of you playing around with the grand kids. That would be awesome!!!

Take care buddy and have fun!!!

Karubah

Welcome Alan from Aus, the land downunder. A great mob of blokes on here and willing to help out with any info that you may need, so if you have any questions please ask away. Cheers

Whirlybird

Welcome Alan :hdbng: I'm a retired painter (pulled the plug early 4 years ago at 58). The more "experienced" guys we get on this forum, the better! These young whipper-snappers need all the help they can get :lmao:

pvolcko

:) Hey, he's the one who said he is addicted to RC Helis.

Okay... Welcome to the clinic, where addicts go for their in-between flight fix.

Whirlybird

When you consider the "Build, Fly, Crash, Build, . . . " philosophy we all subscribe to, and the money we spend on our "toys", I would say Asylum is correct :yikes:

Slobberdog

Whoa I'm no addict, that implies I can't give my stuff up, lol

Right better get back to practicing on the sim, got birds to fly.

BOKI

foolforspeed; Welcome Alan to the site & glad your into Helicopters & I am also ! The Best in your RC flying!

foolforspeed

Hi there, Alan! Welcome to the site! I think it's a real great thing that you spend the time with your grandsons. I'm 37 now, and unfortunately, I don't have any grand parents around anymore. RC Heli's are what got me started with RC and, like you, I'm addicted, lol.

Post up your pics and videos when you get time. Even better...post up some pics or videos of you playing around with the grand kids. That would be awesome!!!

Take care buddy and have fun!!!

Sorry for slow response. My oldest grandson's hangin with us this week and he kinda hogs my computer. Thats okay we don't get to see him every day. He's the one in the picture holding my Rush 750.

I have not taken any recent pics of my 550 V2

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! :tan::cheerful:

003 (3).JPG

002 (2).JPG

004 (2).jpg

097.JPG

Hey Alan,
Welcome to the site!! Great bunch of blokes, and look forward to picking your brains and getting more knowledge myself

I'm one of those whipper snappers lol
Although i'll have my own young one soon, and look forward to getting him into the hobby and spending time with him, and sadly look forward to being a grand dad and being able to do the same thing. Welcome aboard mate and enjoy

foolforspeed

I'm one of those whipper snappers lol
Although i'll have my own young one soon, and look forward to getting him into the hobby and spending time with him, and sadly look forward to being a grand dad and being able to do the same thing. Welcome aboard mate and enjoy

There's nothing sad about being a grand dad. It's my reward for not killing my kids.:livid::beerchug:

wolfman76

Well said Alan and WELCOME TO THE RC-HELP FAMILY!!!!! Glad to have you... My oldest boy is 11 my daughter 10 and my two youngest boys are 5 n 4... None of them better make me an early grandad... Lol i look forward to being a Pop one day but only after they are educated and established in their lives hopefully

Top Bottom