450 Ok what the.....

trainrider06

Got this 450 Pro finished finally and this!
Whats going on here the tail is wagging like a little puppy!
Set up BeastX on stock settings, it acts like the belt is too tight, or rubbing...but its not a belt..
I have gains inop on my radio, have not adjusted or added anything on throttle curves or anything on my settings in the radio since creating the new model, and binding it with the radio....should I enable tail gains and go from there?? There is no binding in the turning of the tail, she is smooth as silk turning...
13580001 - YouTube

Lee

Tail gain is too high.
What do you have it set to?
In the manual they suggest starting with a gain no higher than F or G

Last edited:

trainrider06

I went into the radio and enabled gyro set it to 54 and it quit doing it.
On a quick test, it seemed ok. It's ok to use radio to set it right? Think that's how I did it with the other setup.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I went into the radio and enabled gyro set it to 54 and it quit doing it.
On a quick test, it seemed ok. It's ok to use radio to set it right? Think that's how I did it with the other setup.

Like Lee mention, set no higher then F or G. I have my X3 with the 7200 @ 35 and that works fine for me.

Lee

As you adjust the gain % in your radio, watch the leds on the BX.
They will move from one to another.
As I mentioned, the led lit up should be F or G to start.
Then you can fine tune from there.

trainrider06

As you adjust the gain % in your radio, watch the leds on the BX.
They will move from one to another.
As I mentioned, the led lit up should be F or G to start.
Then you can fine tune from there.

I never noticed this. So if I initialize the heli, look down on the BeastX as I adjust the gain in my radio the lites should light up on the Beastx? Or do I go into the program and check this??

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I never noticed this. So if I initialize the heli, look down on the BeastX as I adjust the gain in my radio the lites should light up on the Beastx? Or do I go into the program and check this??

The lites on the BX will help you out on adjusting the gyro. F and G are suggested starting point on the gyro. My settings are @35. I heard some have it around 40 and as low as 30. I guess it depends on your tail servo. I'm just guessing but your setting seems high. Once you get the setting right, that tail should be rock steady.

murankar

Staff member
I believe it's while in flight mode not program mode. The reason for this: as you tune you can get a visual at to where your at. Especially if your using the user defined settings for gain on the tail. The beastx has preset numbers that match up to the letters. If you set a gain value with the radio and that value matches a preset then that letter should light up.

What I would do is get everything ready for takeoff. Leave the canopy off, go to your tail gain settings in your radio and start adjusting. Watch your beastx and see what it does.

trainrider06

Ah great info, I had set one of the BeastZ up on my 500 and it was just dead on at the start so I didn't mess with it, this one I had the radio set on original setup settings. So I'll tinker with it some thanks fellers! :)

Top Bottom