500 Ok a little lost and confused..........

trainrider06

I am just about done with the Align DFC 500 Pro build, using for now a Kbar system to run it with.....
I have a crap load of questions, because I have never had to deal with the DFC FBL head setup....
Nore something like a Kbar system......
My questions first of all, is there a link or something about setting 0 pitch and all with a DFC head??
Secondly, do I set up the Kbar first before doing this??
Thirdly, do I just use the thin gyro tape that came with it or do I add more?
Fourthly, does anyone know what the extra servo type wire connectors are for that came with this Kbar?
I have a DMX satellite receiver that I am going to use with it....am I supposed to use a separate receiver or something? (reason for the extra wires?)
Rodney

Slobberdog

the spare wires are for a receiver to be connected, no you don't need this if using sats, would recommend 2 on this size bird

as you go through the kbar/vbar software the setup is explained at each step, you will do the zero blades at the appropriate step in the gyro set up,

the tape that came with the gyro is ok but prob not a bad idea to use 2 pieces

trainrider06

the spare wires are for a receiver to be connected, no you don't need this if using sats, would recommend 2 on this size bird

as you go through the kbar/vbar software the setup is explained at each step, you will do the zero blades at the appropriate step in the gyro set up,

the tape that came with the gyro is ok but prob not a bad idea to use 2 pieces
Ok thank you very much, but as soon as I plugged the Kbar USB
Into the computer, I got a pop up that said something like corrupt
Program or connection.....now my mouse or keyboard works.....
I am bummed!

Tony

Staff member
Does tony need take a trip to texas and fix your computer? Lol. Wait, I'm already in texas... AND ITS SNOWING!!!

trainrider06

Does tony need take a trip to texas and fix your computer? Lol. Wait, I'm already in texas... AND ITS SNOWING!!!

Snowing? Where? Pan handle? No one goes up there man it's a scary place! Lol
Yeah am afraid I'm gonna hafta take it somewhere...no keyboard or mouse action
goin on here....:(

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I was up in Perryton Tx. Cold as all get out, wind 40+ and blowing snow. And I was hauling methanol in a trailer that developed an air leak and my tractor is lacking on power for some reason lol. Not a good day to be a truck driver.

Have you tried shutting down the computer and moving the keyboard, or at least the mouse, to another USB port? Or are you using the PS2 connections? What version of windows are you using?

trainrider06

Yeah, I was up in Perryton Tx. Cold as all get out, wind 40+ and blowing snow. And I was hauling methanol in a trailer that developed an air leak and my tractor is lacking on power for some reason lol. Not a good day to be a truck driver.

Have you tried shutting down the computer and moving the keyboard, or at least the mouse, to another USB port? Or are you using the PS2 connections? What version of windows are you using?

Man it's always somethin ain't it? Yeah that's some right ugly country
Great for wind mills though! Lol well I hope your Rollin along
by now getting where ya need to be.

It screwed all my USB ports....hope it didn't do a total on
The old XPS......
Far as I can figure I need to find the old PS/2 plugged mouse
or keyboard, I have the outlets for it....just hope Fry's or some place
has those old things layin around.....

- - - Updated - - -

Will do soon as I get computer back up and running....thank you!

Tony

Staff member
If you have the old install disks, you may be able to run a repair on the computer. But I'm sure you can find a ps2 mouse and keyboard.

trainrider06

If you have the old install disks, you may be able to run a repair on the computer. But I'm sure you can find a ps2 mouse and keyboard.

Just so happens the XPS system has no ps2 outlets....
I'm gonna have to take it to a shop looks like....:(
This burns me! Right at the end of finally getting this 500
in the air! Grrrrrrrrr!

Tony

Staff member
At this time, I believe android is the only platform that you can use the BT ikon program on. But you can pick up a cheap tablet for less than a bill with android.

trainrider06

At this time, I believe android is the only platform that you can use the BT ikon program on. But you can pick up a cheap tablet for less than a bill with android.
Hey! Wait just a dog gone minute!!!!
Did you say....Android system Tony????
By Golly Kendel Fire is an Android system ain't it???
SheeeZaaam! How do I find this here fancy electro magnetic set up for my Android?
Lol
Rodney

Tony

Staff member
Search for MSHeli and it will come up with a "Brain" logo. That is the application you need. You can find it in the app store. Just make sure your Kendel Fire has blue tooth. Then you will need to source the BT adapter and cable for the Ikon.

trainrider06

Search for MSHeli and it will come up with a "Brain" logo. That is the application you need. You can find it in the app store. Just make sure your Kendel Fire has blue tooth. Then you will need to source the BT adapter and cable for the Ikon.

Hmm? I don't think mine is blue tooth compatible...durnit!
But on a good note! The ol PC is ready for pickup....
minus a hundred dollar bill outta my britches! But I'll
Have a new operating system....and from what
I have studied on this system is more friendly in
Driver installation for the Kbar drivers!

Tony

Staff member
What OS did you have, and what OS are you bringing home? I'm guessing XP then Vista? Or did they jump right to 7. Sure hope it's not windows H8 lmao.

trainrider06

Tony I had windows XP, he installed Vista I believe.
Now I gotta find out if I can install all my sound blaster stuff, and reinstall my Vbar junk...
Castle programs, flight sim all that crap! Grrrr!

Top Bottom