Micro oil?

Slobberdog

Personally at the moment I use Helioptions nano particle bearing oil,

But when this has gone I think I will be going to dry fluids bearing and gears oils, it's supposed to be the bees knees

murankar

Staff member
I use tri-flo for everything. For the motor bearings use the Scorpion motor oil. I have using tri-flo for a couple years and have not had any issues.

I guess as long as the oil is a medium to light weight it should work. I know Tony likes the Losi oils (i think thats what it is ).

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

wolfman76

I use Labelle 108 oil it is a light multi purpose plastic compatible oil... it is what my LHSs heli guy recommended me to use on all bearings

Hey guys all they had that was close to trinity was labelled 108 any good?

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I wrote this a lil early thanks wolfman

wolfman76

Sometimes my psychic abilities get ahead of the situation... lol.... no problem. .. what tony has recommended before and I think he has a video about it is always clean bearings first even new ones in brake cleaner I do this to all my bearings put the in the lid for the brake cleaner then spray it in the lid till all the bearings are covered lettem soak a bit... take a dowell rod or sumthin similar I think tony used an exacto knife end ground to a point put each bearing on the end and spin them a few times & put back in the cleaner add more if needed repeat few times they should spin freeer by then... Set them on a paper towel to dry for a lil while the add a couple of drops of oil to each bearing put back on the rod spin to get oil circulated you should notice in how well they spin at this point I know mine did plus the cleaner fluid was black from all the residue that was on the bearings
Hope this helps.. and no problem

sounds like it lol and yea I remember I saw that video I just couldn't remember what oil he used but yea it helps me bud thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Im glad I joined this forum get a lot of great help

sarconastic

We used to use this two part oil. It was green on top and orange on the bottom. you had to shake it to mix it up. It was basically just 2 different weights of oil. The theory was one was for when the motor was cool and one for when it was warmed up good, much like your car oil. I cannot remember who it was that made it but I still have a little left, I think it was Rev-Tech or Trinity, but not positive. We did some tests at the track and at the time it cut 1 to 2 tenths off your lap times. I think they were called Rev-tech drops will have to look when I get home and see if I can read any of the label. But that is what I been using and so far so good. One drop last quite a while.

WOody

Top Bottom