450 Ohhhkkkk.... 3GX FANATICS!! I need troubleshooting done on this..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So ...

I have been hearing a bit too much about 3.0 is this 3.0 is that.. BLAH blah BLAH blah BLAH!! lol So i decided to do the upgrade to 3.0

Ok. got the thing updated successfully.. did the DIR setup.. Did the Gove setup by giving it the throttle high and low positions.. ok .. looked ok..

THEN.. I connected the software and lowered the roll rates on ele and aile.. as I like it lower than stock..

OK.. Went out today to fly.. Spool up. Ok.. idle up 1 .. OK. Idle up 2 SHAKE!!!! Elevator wobble.. Out of this world.. swithc down to ID1 and bird is stable as a rock..

LOWER THE GAINS you would say.. sure.. I was at 65~70 at the pots on my 3GX and so I lowered it down to 50.. still a bit shaky.. LOWERED it even more to between 30~40 .. much less noticeably shake.. but still see some in FFF.. WHAT!! I had been flying those gains on 2.1 and all that changed was the software update.

OK.. so.. did some inverted funnel .. and all of a sudden and I notice at the farthest point ofcourse (the bird just started to fall) i left the sticks.. and let it settle slowly cause I knew I wsa going inverted tail in.. somehow I was nose in inverted now.. and then I did some pith pumps to see if the tail would give.. NOPE.. but the stupid thing gave in a full 180 degrees randomly again. I was SO PO'ed.. I hated it.. Almost ost the heli on it.

NOTHING has changed. Did the gov setup like I was supposed to.. Tail delay is set to "red" for 450 size helis.. and everything else is just the way it was.

This 3GX is in a pile of doodoo for me now.. till it can fly right again.. if it does..

Help me troubleshoot this guys. :)

Last edited:

heli-maniac

is this the same 3gx that went splat on the wall
i dont know on the 3.0 i cant fly with the 2.1 so no need for me to switch yet

hope you get it figured outt

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah after the wall "Splat" it flew 15 flights.. no issues.. this f/w update just made it all stupid..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You never know. 3gx decides to mess with me more and get my bird in more trouble, it's going out the door! Lol

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
you mean our very own RC help fun fly! :D :D i'l have to look at free weekends! sounds great though! :)

murankar

Staff member
It can be a free for all. I bring the uncrashed protos, you bring the cricket destroyed 450 and Superbad brings his 550. All we need now is a power source we can have at the field other than my car.

Any other Texans want to join let us know. If we get to many people we might need an actual real field.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
well I know of a field down south perfect for flying.. LOT of heli guys.. and I got friends flying there too.. they got power source and field covered! :D

they wouldnt mind a bunch of guests. :)

Tony

Staff member
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about on what went wrong. Sounds like a brown out to me. Did you ever hook it up to the software to look at where exactly the gain was? Not just by the pots?

stokke

I'll just pop in not to help, but to say 3.0 is working like a charm on my 450 :D LOL U mad?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah tony I did. It wasn't a brown out. I upgraded the firmware.. Then adjusted the roll rates... It was ok.

Stokke.... True... As it is for a some more people too. But I have found people for whom the thing is pooping out. After all it's a 3gx... Not a beastx lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
True but the tree I have in the front yard , doesn't have any bills left. Lol it's all ones now... And it's fall you know so its mostly barren :p

stokke

You may not remember, but I had a bit of elevator wobble on the 2.1 - turned out to be not perfectly level swash.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah see my bird did multiple hands off Hovers on 2.1 and the swash I checked is perfectly leveled.. :/

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah it is... Thinking ill reflash it like Jesse also suggested. Won't go to 2.1 but do 3.0 again. And then try out my settings again. It's kinda irritating right now.

Thing is at least I got it on the ground safe with no scratches even after it tried to dis orient me multiple times.

Top Bottom