Ohh snap!! What did I just get!! Lol ;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338423197.328264.jpg

Yep! An align dfc for 450 :D....

My tarot head is gonna go on sale. Let me know if interested :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338423197.328264.jpg

Lee

Nice Gaba. I see the Tarot one is more expensive than the Align one because according to Tarot, they were the original designers of the head not Align ??? Align is cloning from a cloner LOL.
My 600 head has the holes to make it a DFC but i'm starting a little higher first.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice Gaba. I see the Tarot one is more expensive than the Align one because according to Tarot, they were the original designers of the head not Align ??? Align is cloning from a cloner LOL.
My 600 head has the holes to make it a DFC but i'm starting a little higher first.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Package didn't have the dfc shaft in it. :( setup came to a screeching halt. :/ the stock on won't work on this head.

Realized a bunch of things wrong with me setup too . Lol now that I know them, I am not gonna fly lol. I need to fix them before I go up. So it's gonna be a while till I actually do. Hahahahahahah

Cause guess what's coming around the corner...? My wedding!!! :) :D

Lee tarot 450 dfc is 2 dollars cheaper than align lol ;)

I do have to admit, I was really impressed by how beefy the blade grips are... They are solid !!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
As you see in the pic there I don't have a swash follower. The linkages to the blade grips are big and solid and they basically become the swash follower this eliminating another mechanical part and beating system from the head making it a but lighter and less part count.

The dfc heads ride lower. Lower was means relatively higher cg. That means that now the manuevers like flips and rolls and everything will be tight. The head and body come closer and you get more responsiveness out of the bird. If you are flying kind of sport or 3D you'll notice a difference. The body won't walk behind your head, it'll all be more or less one. (or closer)

Why is it a big thing... First stated by compass in their helis.. They could make the blade grips beefier as they had some extra weight in hand to play with, and this they made the head beefier, sturdier and just hot in looks in general.

First they came out for 700's and then smaller and smaller.

There are discussions about all the load being on one blade grip bolt ad how that can affect but there's not much conclusion to it yet... So there you go... Hotter looking heli with better performance in manuevers ;).

Tony

Staff member
The dfc heads ride lower. Lower was means relatively higher cg.

Actually it would lower your CoG, not raise it. The lower the CG the better the performance. Other than that, you are correct. No swash follower, no radius arms, it just uses the blade links which IMO I don't like. It just looks like a weak design to me.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lol.... Then you don't like goblin's design too? :)

By far THE most agile heli! :)

Or mikado xxtreme ... :) (I think)

I didn't like it either just for the same exact reason you don't.

But reading up on it, I feel more comfortable.

Now this design in particular has a weak spot and I don't expect it to be perfect... And nothing ever is... that's the screw in to the arms ... There is a peice that screws into the link and then to the ball link (plastic) .

The cg needs to be as close to the head yoke as possible. And that I was referring to as higher. :) how is it lower?

Tony

Staff member
If you lower something, how does it raise the CG? It's like moving the weight from the rear of a plane to the front, it's going to get more nose heavy, not tail heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah. For what I have read and seen in helis.. The cg is supposed to be right at the main shaft right. It's just different perspective of looking at it I think.

Cause the cg remains at morenor less the same place (under the head yoke) the head yoke comes closer to it. So forgetting about higher or lower say head yoke comes closer to the Cg of the heli this making your loops rolls and everything much more tighter. Cause your head yoke is the one single point of transfer of all energy/ lift..... Right,,,

I am sure you as I mean the same thing but it's just a different perspective. Physics won't change lol :D

Tony

Staff member
Your not adjusting the cg from front ot back, I was just using that on a plane as a perspective and a way to explain it. But you are correct, with the Cg being a lot tighter in teh heli and not as high, it will flip and roll faster with more precise control. Plus, it just looks better with the head being lower. Well, until you put on cheap blades and they flex in the air and take out your tail boom hahaha.

Lee

After seeing some of the guys ripping the snot out of there 7HVs, i tink the average joe isn't going to reach the weak point of the screw from arms to blade grip.
Cog will be closer to the centre of the heli. So yes its lower :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh LOL Don't even think of putting cheap blades on it. :D

Top Bottom