Official RCH Helicopter Pt.3 Deconstruction

Derek

Something I forgot to ask after watching the previous video, but you reminded me....you said there were stickers on the tail stabs. What stickers were there? Would there be any "purpose" for those stickers or was it just a "cosmetic thing" or "personal preference thing" from the previous owner?

Tony

Staff member
They were neon green/yellow decals that completely covered the carbon fiber. I thought I left it in the last one but may not have with all of the editing I did. In teh beginning, look at the lower right corner of teh screen and you can see one of them. Maybe both.

Tony

Staff member
Forgot to add, the last owner may have put them on to see the heli a little better. It tells me that he purchased this heli as his first, crashed it a LOT and found out just how hard it really is to fly these things. I just look at the canopy.

Derek

Nah..i just went back through the videos and the stickers weren't there. It's not a big deal. I was just surprised when you said there were stickers on the tail. I thought that odd. Maybe the previous owner added them with the thought of making it impossible for the wind to pass through the holes in the stab...acting as a solid rudder on a plane....who knows....

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add, the last owner may have put them on to see the heli a little better. It tells me that he purchased this heli as his first, crashed it a LOT and found out just how hard it really is to fly these things. I just look at the canopy.

Yeah, I didn't even think that maybe he was thinking "visibility"....I'm not sure what I focus on while flying....mostly likely the canopy....hey, there's a squirrel!!!! lol

Tony

Staff member
I can assure you, when you are flying, you are looking at the plate the blades make. One of the hardest things I had to get over. adn the holes were cut out just as they are on the carbon fiber.

Derek

..so chances are....the stickers were put on the tail for visibility, like you said. Personally, I dont like stickers. I remember when I bought my 500, it came with those "Trex 500" stickers that go on the flybar paddles. I didn't want to put them on, but the guy that helped me set it up said that I would need them. Ugh!.

Tony

Staff member
Derek, the flybar paddles do need the decals to cover the holes. However, you can use packing tape to get the same effect. And Gaba, it was not this short when I started editing it. I think it was around 30 minutes or so.

Derek

lmao....a shirt and tie, lol.

I gotta say...I've talked with Tony on the phone, I've seen his videos, I've read it posts....Tony and I have a lot in common and I can tell you that, although it would be funny to see, Tony is not a "shirt and tie" kinda guy, lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ya, Tony is a grease monkey kind of guy! He reminds me of when i was younger and did all that motor swapping. Race car engine building. Things like that! ha ha i had a "68" road runner. pushing "500" hp on the street! Lol. Good video bro! Keep them coming.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately URI, the head is already done and the video is shot. I just don't have the time right now to redo it so the "mail" item will not be used on video for a while. Wish I was not having such a crappy week, but it is what it is.

Tony

Staff member
You got it, I will redo all of the videos then. I will have them done sometime in the spring or summer. Sorry for irritating you guys so much.

Top Bottom