Off Topic Chit Chat

RandyDSok

Doing as well as can be expected here...

To help entertain myself a little more, I've started taking advantage of the Amazon Music streaming that is included with my Amazon Prime account. I'd already converted most of my music library to MP3 ( ~ 3000 + songs ) from CD's but there are a lot of vinyl that I have no way to convert, not to mention other songs I never actually purchased as well.

Speaking of music... I got a new headphone headset... It is probably one of the best sounding ones I've heard and would put it up against others that cost 10x or more. It's a Koss KPH30i available on Amazon for only $30 in several colors. It looks like it belongs in a schoolroom or library but sounds well above what it's looks would imply. It's an open back on ear set, the connector is a 3.5mm TRRS type so if you need to connect it to just a headphone port, you'll need a splitter to seperate out the mic and headphone channels.

leedude1

Im glad to hear and see a few familiar faces so to speak Geena, admiral, rdsoc and smoggie etc folks. Please stay safe people, I just lost my dad to this shit, so dont play with fire if you dont need to.
This hobby is gonna save my sanity again lol. the time and mental escape it provides is better than any medicine I know.

Admiral

My condolences Mike, how unfair for him to have his later years snatched away by a bloody virus. Stay Strong & Stay Safe.

leedude1

Thanks Admiral, Yeah he was still in good health overall, I saw him weekly at the residence where hes been for the last 6-7 years. He still had a few years for certain. This thing took him in 2 weeks., and because of the lock down at the residence I wasn't even allowed to see him for the last month, nor in his last days in the ICU, they would not let me in.

He started me in RC when I was 12-14 years of ages we built hydro plane racers , planes and cars. There was more value in the time spent together at the kitchen table than in the price of the models themselves that's for sure. Posted the only picture I have of one of the racers we built below.
Anyway, he really enjoyed looking over my builds, birds and crash stories as they brought back a lot of good times.
I ordered a model he particularly fancied after his passing mid April and I have been building it only on Monday evenings ( the nights of my weekly visits) in his honor so to speak. Building , flying he'll be there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_165333.jpg
    IMG_20200422_165333.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 5

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm very sorry for your loss too Mike. This is a bad virus and bad times we are all going through. I wish you and your family the best. Keep your mind occupied with this hobby. Like you said, It will save your sanity. Take care, be blessed and stay strong and safe for your self and family.

Last edited:

RandyDSok

Mike... I'm so sorry to hear of your loss... I wish the best for you and your family during what must be very trying times.

murankar

Staff member
Stuff is doing very well here.

PSX_20200505_222051.jpg

I started repairing that awful looking dip today. I have to finish adding fill tomorrow and then preping for seed.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah I really dig the strip look. I want to get a roller for the more to really kick up the stripes. That cut was done with the bagger on. Normally I have been discharging my clippings. My next test if it would stop raining for a week is to go multch style. I want to see if the mower will produce stronger stripes while mulching. It did improve when I went to bagging. I want my clippings to return to the soil. It returns all the nutrients back to the plant. It reduces the amount of fert needed to be put down.

The grass clippings will break down carbon. Then from there it will be turned into hummus. During that process nitrogen will be produced. I order for the grass to use the nitrogen humic acid and a product called RGS (made by green county fert) is needed to make the nitrogen available to the grass. That's the simple explanation. I don't have a degree in this stuff. All I know is the 4 products I use in conjuction with a NPK fert I get green healty grass.

murankar

Staff member
Thank you. Its not really all that hard to get the yard this way. It hard part is getting it started. Once you begin your maintenance schedule its very easy and not as costly as people think.

A 5k square foot lot should be about $150 a year. The chems I use (if applied at low rates) have the potential to last 2 seasons. Now there is a caveat to this. The Micro Green, Humic12 and Air8 can go down fairly heavy. Almost 9 ounces per 1000 square foot every 4 to 6 weeks. So milage will vary. I am doing a 3 ounce per 1000 on all 4 products. I am not rich but I want the yard to be inviting.

If this house deal goes through I will be starting the yard repair during the heat of the summer. Killing the weeds and feeding the dirt. Then in September throw down my 50 pound bag of seed. I won't have dogs cats or anything else to mess up the yard.

Matt

Mike, I’m really sorry for your loss.. I lost my dad 3 years ago to cancer.. before he died and was really sick I showed him my latest heli.. it was a Trex 450 Pro.. I said to myself that even if he dies I’ll keep doing the helis.. you’re right.. these things are the only things that keep me sane..

leedude1

The mental break is huge. I'm working on the new build as I stated and just getting lost in the process is wondeful.
It's a forced change of pace. I'm anxious now to get it in the air..

Top Bottom