Chargers OCDAY DP6..data logging ?

Battmann

i know Tony did a couple of reviews of the OCDAY DP6 charger, but there was no mention of the use of the USB port for data logging to a PC
Has anyone tried this yet, or know of a site that confirms it can be done as it is with many other chargers ( iCharger, reaktor, Thunder, etc)
Thanks,..appreciate any feedback.

murankar

Staff member
Most of the lower end chargers don't have much in the way of data logging. In reality what most people want to see is the ir report at the end of charging. What you would need to do is find the software and drivers for the charger and plug in. What I can't say for sure is what you would actually get in the way of logging.

My powerlab pl6 does save the graphs if you want to. It also shows you everything live on the PC. All I do is look at the ir at the end of a cycle. The rest of the features are great but I don't really get into it much. The last thing I need the USB for is programming my presets. This charger requires at least one preset for charging.

Battmann

Alot of the newer lipo chargers ..including the $30 HK Accucel 6, now have logging functions with USB/PC hook ups.
Seeing how the DP6 has a huge range of programming options, temperature adjustment, and preset storage, with a USB port,..i assume there would be similar logging features.
..But i have not been able to confirm logging is available.
i know i could go with one of the Ichargers, or Reaktors, etc..but the new DP6 just seems to have a good range of features, power, a better user interface, and excellent value.

murankar

Staff member
Since I got my pl6 I have not looked at anything else so I don't know what's our there anymore. My old Chinese 4 button has a USB but it only offers live graphing and then goes away once the packs are disconnected.

Maybe when Tony has time he can tell what it can or can not do.

Top Bottom