500 NX4 Build Begins

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
First things first..edges are all sanded and smooth. This frame had so many cut out's, it was a pain.
PB230049.jpg

Every part was bagged separately with screws that pertained to them. How cool!

PB230053.jpg

Well then again not so cool. First bag has two bearing blocks and four servo mounts. the manual says 4 each 6mm screws and 4 each 7mm screws. Correct! it is 4 of each per side. which if I do the math it would be a total of 16 screws, eight of each. well the bag had 8-7mm and 4-6mm screws. :facepalm: well no holding back, got to continue..

PB230055.jpgPB230056.jpg

So it begins..

PB230049.jpg

PB230053.jpg

PB230055.jpg

PB230056.jpg

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I went nuts looking for the ESC mounting plates. Was so frustrated thinking they forgot it in the package and wanted to call up Empire RC to fuss about it. took a short break and looked it over and DUH it hit me. This is a Nitro bird and not electric. well the issue now is with the ESC plate it calls for a 10mm screw, now that the side plates are not packaged I need to find some 6mm screws.:banghead: Really!
PB230059.jpg

PB230059.jpg

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Front gear installed, it is not smooth, has some binding..Removed for inspection. you can see in the pic below where it was binding. all sanded down and she is smooth as silk.
PB230060.jpg

front gear.jpg
PB230068.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The manual calls for the clunk line to be at 85mm. with some experience I find it way to long and would get stuck in the corner of tank. I like it shorter and cut it down to 62mm
PB240045.jpg
Found it easier to install the nipple into stopper first before struggling to install to tank. Whew! that was a challenge
PB240046.jpg

PB230060.jpg

front gear.jpg

PB230068.jpg

PB240045.jpg

PB240046.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Wow, 2cm shorter on teh clunk? That is a lot. Build is looking great. Keep up the great pictures.

stokke

If you can, you should replace the original fuel lines - as they do suck. My clunk fell off it's fuel line mid flight, well you can guess the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

...replace the original fuel lines - as they do suck.

Pun not intended :D

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Wow, 2cm shorter on teh clunk? That is a lot. Build is looking great. Keep up the great pictures.

Yup! I had issues with the Clunk on the T600 and G4 being too long. It will get stuck on the corner and bog during certain invert moves. I have the NX4 clunk just enough to touch bottom and top center of tank opposite from nipple. We will see how it goes on maiden.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can, you should replace the original fuel lines - as they do suck. My clunk fell off it's fuel line mid flight, well you can guess the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Pun not intended :D

Already did! I went thru your build and many others. but each build has their own flaws. For sure I changed out the fuel lines. I got some pretty red ones. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Clunk line was the first.View attachment 9326

Last edited:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Im at the stage of putting fan, clutch together. I just remembered that i do not have a crank shaft tool for a .37 motor. you fellas have any tricks out there, that would not require such tool?

stokke

Im at the stage of putting fan, clutch together. I just remembered that i do not have a crank shaft tool for a .37 motor. you fellas have any tricks out there, that would not require such tool?

My Align starter fitted straight into the starter shaft. No adaptors?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
My Align starter fitted straight into the starter shaft. No adaptors?

Lol..Thanks Marius! Sorry I was referring to one of these. Piston locking tool so I can tighten down the clutch fan. I had to go borrow.
PB250001.jpg
Ok back to the build. Once again the manual calls out for a servo link rod at 65mm, but it is actually a 73mm.
PB240049.jpg

Motor all done and installed. main shaft gear and head fits like a charm

PB240036.jpg

PB240038.jpg

PB240039.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mounted tail which was factory pre assemble, yes I took it apart and added thread lock. Muffler is sweet! tank slides right in and 2-1 fits perfect in front. Well here it is fellas. about 90% done, I am just waiting on my cyclic's and the IKON. I got to say that this is one beautiful 500 size nitro.
PB250032.jpgPB250036.jpgPB250034.jpg

PB250001.jpg

PB240049.jpg

PB240036.jpg

PB240038.jpg

PB240039.jpg

PB250032.jpg

PB250036.jpg

PB250034.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Man this kit looks like a beaut. I see you did not cut any corners on this buid! When can we expect a maiden? :rules: are :rules:, no video or it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom