Cars Nothing i do works !!

NitroNewbie

Evening all I'm in need of some help badly . I have a exceed hyperspeed 1/10 with a VX.16 engine . It hasn't been started in about 2 years and I've got it back out and so far I have . Put back stock settings, new air filter, new fuel, new fuel lines , new glow plugs , new charger igniter , new batteries , carb gap of about 1mm ,it would start once when I get it out and try for the first time after priming it then it runs for like a couple of secs then dies and then it doesn't want to start so any help will be great .

Tony

Staff member
When the Nitro Methane and Methanol evaporate, it leaves behind the oils in the fuel. I will almost bet money you have a clog in your carb. Need to take it off the engine and completely tear it apart.

Tony

Staff member
Did you take all of the needles out? Actually, did you tear it completely down all the way?

What about the fuel filter in the tank? Did you clean that out by reverse flushing it? Same thing happens with that that happens with the carb. Also, replace all of your fuel line as well.

NitroNewbie

No I haven't properly tear it all down . I squirted carb cleaner in it that's about it I didn't think about taking all the needles out I will try that . And I didn't know the fuel tank had a filter on it I will at that too . I have replaced the fuel lines tho so that's 1/3 lol . Thanks for the advice I will have a look into them and see what comes up

Top Bottom