noob

Tony

Staff member
You and I have a lot in common lol. Love the ground pounders, but something about those helicopters keep me coming back lol.

Welcome to RCH!! Post up some pictures of your fleet!

:welcome1:

Thanks for the warm welcome fellers!

- - - Updated - - -

I only have two helis..erazor 450 and a hk450 se v2..both fb'd...I want so bad to convert them ta fb'd...but I just can't afford the kit ta do it

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have one of those SE V2's and it's one of my most stable helicopters out there. Until the head wears out that is lol, which mine has done. Have a new head on it now, just need to get servos back in it and stick it back up in teh air.

The Razor, I had one of those but gave it to a friend for him to fly. Not sure if he is still flying it or not though.

Tony

Staff member
It's even more fun with fresh snow powder on the ground. You know, the really dry snow that doesn't make a snowball worth a crap lol.

It does sound like you have a tight spot in your gear mesh though. Might want to check the gear mesh with each click of the motor (cog of the motor). If you keep running it with a tight spot, it will heat up and melt the gear.

Tony

Staff member
Very nice. The head, other than the main gear, seemed quite stable. But I have to ask, what gyro and tail servo are you running? The tail seemed to be all over the place. Might be worth investing in a good gyro and tail servo. I was told when I started out, on a flybar helicopter, you want to invest your money into the gyro and tail servo. Then the cyclics and rest of electronics.

tony: yea tony..i been havn issues with my tail holding..i was runnin a gy48v..and thought it was goin bad..so i put a titan 720 on it...and using a corona 9g servo..i dont think its in my gyro..but i cood be wrong too..what its doin is new to me..it holds fine while spooling up and just after a few seconds after lifting off into a hover..its like it just gives out and starts spinning to the left..even with rudder input all the way in the other direction..u ever had one do that?

Tony

Staff member
I can't say that I have had that issue. I have had it do a very slow wag because the servo was way too slow, but not something that just stops responding. This is leading me to believe the servo is bad.

yea..i figured sure as hell it was the servo..but i just caught what was happening..the whole tail assmbly was loose and it had moved off center..tho i cant really see how that would cause what it was doin..i snugged it back up and now her tail is holdin fine! lol..too weird! ..also..i would like to thank u for taking time to help..it is greatly apprciated!..jus curious..are u the same tony that has a bunch of you tube vids on ccpm setup..tail setup..ect..?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I'm the same Tony. I created all of those videos and I also own this website. Glad you got her fixed up and flying again. Now, I just need to do the same thing on the helicopters that I have lol.

awsome!! man tony ur videos were a gift sent down from the heli gods to me lol..see..it all started one day a couple years ago..when i picked up a couple of those lil syma s107's..didnt take long and i was wantn to fly outdoors..so then i bought a double horse 9116..and before i knew it..i had another 9116..then a wlv913 after that. then one day while youtubing..i discoverd cp helis and when i seen one flyin 3d..it was all over..i then knew i had been bitten by the heli bug! lol..so i wrote santy clause a nice note and left him some pork rhinds and a six pack and he brought me my erazor..(now mind you i had by then masterd a fp heli..i mean i cood make my v913 haul the mail lol) soo..when i started on a 6ch bird..man was i jus overwhelmed and completly taken away at the difference in a 6ch vs a 4ch..like i literally was thinkning that theres no way i will be able to learn all that goes into setting one up..until i discoverd RCHELPDOTCOM ccpm setup vids! lol..im tellin ya its a good thing i was able to watch em on the internet..cuz if they had been on a dvd,or an old vhs tape..theyda been wore slap out by now! lol..and thats no exaggeration!!..i coodnt hav told ya what a pitch curve,or gyro gain was..er nuttin like that until i started watching them..soo..THANKU THANKU THANKU!!..ur setup vids compared to others ive watched..were the best! cause u cover evry little detail.. thus making it easier not only to setup ur heli..but to really learn and really understand how they work..and why your doing what ur doing..i do apologize for rambling on bud..but ur kind of like a celebrity to me lol..i was shocked when i learnt it was TONY TONY.from the vids! lol..hell ima 36 yr old man and i went runnin into the bedroom to tell my girlfrnd that you responded to my posts like a lil kid lol..im such a dork i swear lol..but see i have no one that i know personally that shares my enthusiasm for the hobby..someone to get tagethr with on a nice day with 0 wind and go flyin..thats the only thing i dont like about the heli hobby..well..except that i dont have the money ta spend to get me a real nice genuine align trex, instead of this beater clone im tryn ta get flyin right..lol ima ole poor country boy from tennessee..and being blessed with money ta spend on cool stuff ..such as helis..buggys..rc stuff..ect. unfortunatly wasnt in my cards..err ima tellin ya what tony..my man cave room wood be full of em!! lol..my erazor sustained terminal damage..so im down to jus one ole beater hk450..and its on its last leg as far as the frame goes..ive bent it back into shape so many times its startn ta break on me lol.but man do i have spare parts out the wazoo..i bet enuff to build at least two birds if i had the frames,motors,esc's ect. ..found a parts lot deal on ebay ..think my winning bid was like 28 bucks ..got a helluva deal ill tell ya lol!!..i even got a bunch of fbl head parts that i cant use..so if you know someone or cood use em urself..ill give em to ya..and even pay the shipping..try ta give a little back for all ur help. my number is 309 291 0908 ..in case u might cood use em..

- - - Updated - - -

ive not read thru all the forum rules yet..but if trading is allowed..if anyone sees something they need..i sure cood use a set of 325mm blades..or a usb dongle adapter for my tx so i can try a simulator..tony buddy..jus let me kno if if this is not o.k. to do here.i do apologize if not..ive not yet read thru all the rules yet..thanku

WIN_20150112_071902.jpg

WIN_20150112_071920.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I didn't expect that response lol. I don't see myself as a celebrity, I'm just some shmuck that picked up a camera to film some things on the DX6i, and the requests kept coming. So I kept making the videos. Then I created this website and the rest is history. I love hearing from members like yourself that I have been able to help out! It's what is keeping me doing this. Trust me, there is no money in this, it's all about the smiles on the faces of the members that I have helped.

I'm not sure if putting your number on a public forum is such a great idea though. I was going to delete it, but I figure, it's your number so I will leave the decision up to you. This is a PUBLIC forum and anyone can come in and read these threads. So anyone can come in and get your phone number. If you want to leave it, cool. If not, let me know and I will delete it.

As for the parts, I do have an SE V2 (HK450GT) that I"m trying to get back in the air and could use some blades and such. I'm trying like hell to keep this one with a flybar, so I really need a gyro for it. The only gyro's that I have are for FBL helicopters such as the 3 3GX's that I have, the AR7200BX and the Ikon. I think I need to find an Align GP790 or something to stick on that bird with some decent servos lol.

As for trading, yup, we allow that on here for now. But the first time someone does a swap, and one of the members doesn't ship the parts, not only will that member be banned forever, but I will have to stick a rule in there that there is no cross shipping allowed on here. And I really don't want to do that. But for now, it's fine.

There is a rule about selling things though. You must have 50 posts in order to sell on here or be here 6 months. This is to keep people from just coming in to sell stuff, then getting the money and not shipping the item and leaving forever. I unfortunately don't have control over this, so I have it set to where you have to have 50 posts to make a new thread in teh for sale section. It's just there to protect the members.

But again, thank you very much for the kind words. I'm putting up a video a week right now, but if there is a video suggestion that you have, please post it up. I'm going to try to get to as many user requests as I can. And I'm talking specific requests, not just a general video. so feel free to hit me up and let me know what you want to see on the RCH channel as well as here on the forum.

And again, I'm no celeberty, I'm just a rednek that lives in Ok that was born in Muncie Indiana and loves Rc anything lol.

EyeStation

Welcome bignatertater. Where at in Illinois are you? there are more than a few of us in the Illinois/Indiana 80/94 corridor. Always happy to see another heli pilot at the field. Last year a few of us even talked of a weekend fly in. Pick a location known to one of us with Hotels nearby and make a Rc-Help.com meet-n-greet-n-fly-n-crash weekend.

wow! that would be awsome! lol..ive been flyin for two n a half years now..and i've yet to actually meet a fellow pilot in person..all my learning was done thru rchelp.coms cpm setup vids lol..id love to go to a fly in..and almost forgot..i live in morton,il..jus outside of peoria..are u familar with the area?.ive lived here bout 4 years now.im originally from tennesee..lived there all my life nearly..come from the sticks lol

hey tony..im not seeing my last reply to you from our conversation about sending u a gyro..did u not see it? now unless im going krackers..i know i replied..but im not sieeing what i wrote to u on the page..

callsign4223

Staff member
It does not appear that the post ever went through. I double checked and the post wasn't moderated in any way. Please re-post and if it happens again we will attempt to track it down.

Top Bottom