Noel from Knysna

Noel

My Heli's - Trex 700 Superior / Blade 500 Blade / Blade 450 3d / Blade 450 flybarles
I am a novice and have been involved with this cool hobby for just over a year an a half so am still learning and am so eager to learn more, am far braver on my Phoenix Simulator than in real flight,
i try at the air field or wherever i'm lifting my birdies to try fly equal to simulator but dont seem to quite fly the same,
i am comfortable in my hovering and learning the thin figure 8's slowly, no rush and try not to do circuits as yet until i am more comfortable.
Due to me loosing various heli's in trees or ditching into the lagoon or catching on fire, ive got to learn a tremendous amount of respect for these birdies as all know that pricing can escalate on parts and accessories.

treff

Welcome Noel from Wales UK. I think your from South Africa any way warm welcome. If you have any questions fell free to
air them here. Lots of knowledge on this site and a friendly bunch.

Dirk

It's about time Noel! Welcome to the best forum. :welcome1:

Noel is my flying buddy. For our members who do not know, Knysna is in South Africa. This whole area is known as the "Garden Route" Beautiful here.

Paul, I'll let Noel tell you about the trees and lagoon and the fires. I know all about it, but I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag.

Last edited:

Lee

I really miss flying in Cape town and at the velodrome in Belleville.
We had permission to fly at a private vineyard :)
Didn't hear of Knysna, I know it now :D

Noel

Hi Guys! thanks a mil for the great intro, much appreciated and apologies for only getting back to you now, you have to understand that here in Knysna South Africa (Western Cape Coast known as The Garden Route or called Eden amongst all the beautiful trees and all what nature has to offer including buck that walk around our houses and eat out our hands) we take things pretty easy here especially living close to the lagoon (which is so good for the soul) and therefore are in no hurry at all except when we are meeting up to go an lift our birdies...then a fire is made one side for our braaing whilst having great fun.
it is so amazing putting the boat on the lagoon and cruising around on sunrises and sunsets as well as going out to sea between the two mountains which is known as The Heads.(could actually write a book on all the different adventures an stories around this part of the world!
Would just like to mention before ending off just what a super effect this great hobby has on me, one can even have or reached some form of stress one way or the other even living in Paradise and what ive learnt and felt is when ive lifted one of my birdies especially my 700 and just hovering it around my garden for 10 min takes away anything that was on the mind, for me, this is a total inner release of energies which is so great as once my birdie is back on the ground i feel ive accomplished something very big which makes me feel on top of this world.
Have a great day or eve and happy flying!!!

Hey Noël, sounds like a great place to live, have you got any videos or pictures of the area, would love to see them... Welcome to the forum..

Top Bottom