General No power to tail servo?

concodd

Hi people, the replacement 3GX arrived today and was installed. All settings were done again, and guess what! The tail servo is still not working. When I plugged it in there was a slight sound from the servo but that was it. I thought the lead might not be in properly so checked that, still nothing so then I replaced the the extended servo cable just in case there was a fault with the first cable. Again still nothing. So I again connected up the servo tester and the servo worked perfect in manual and auto mode. There is a signal from the TX to the 3GX because when I did my settings for the servo speed and analog or digital type servo the corosponding lights changed when requested by the TX. Any other thoughts on this continuing problem.

concodd

Not sure if the site is still in shut down mode or not but a further update, I have been playing around with the cables a bit and did get some movement from the tail servo, but it does not last for long. I know I have power coming from the rudder port on the 3GX because as I said when the servo tester goes on, it all works perfect. So maybe the problem stems from the signal cable, but the big question is, why!

pvolcko

You said there it a cable extension on that rudder servo, right? I'd try a different extension. Also try moving the servo's lead around to make sure it isn't something glitching internally. At least now you know where to look.

concodd

Thanks pvolcko, I will try and jiggle around with the cables today and see what happens. it seems to be a connection problem of some sort somewhere.

concodd

Hi pvolcko, Have just removed the tail servo and jiggled all the wires but still no movement via TX. put one of the other servo's in the rudder outlet on the 3GX and it worked fine. So at least I know it is not the TX and the rudder outlet. I guess the only other way is to check the tail servo in another outlet. is this going to be ok because the other outlets are geared for 1520.

Top Bottom