General no more training wheels

gaurdian

Well it's been a month now of flying my 450 and my learning curve is going a little fast I think...I still cannot fly it facing me though I can on the simulator but not my heli.... But last night thought that I would try flying without the training gear on it....since I have enough spare parts now to make a few birds if I wanted .. It sure looks allot smaller heli flying now, just wondering if im moving to fast about taking the gear off or put them back on or not,,

murankar

Staff member
It's your choice. I think I had mine a month or so Also. If you can make off, land and do basic maneuvering (side to side, front to rear and diagonally then your fine.

My one neighbor tells me to put them on and I refuse to.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

A good stepping stone is to replace the landing gear with 500 size gear.
This gives you a larger footprint without the need for training gear.

Admiral

There is no time frame, go with what your comfortable with, I took a lot longer but I'm probably a lot older and more cautious.

Your progression once you remove the training gear is much faster, I left mine on too long.

gaurdian

thanks lee for that tip on the 500 landing gear I did not know that and just ordered a pair....lol admiral I feel old but I'll be 51 in sept so getting a little old but I can't tell for sure if I am yet or not...

Top Bottom