Cars Nitro mach 28 engine did start but didn't move now doesn't start

krissychef

The engine runs, sounds good if not a little high in the revs.... I try to move and it doesn't go anywhere just revs high.....

Now when I try and start it the piston head goes up and down but no pressure or fuel being pulled through....

Please help..... Do I replace the whole clutch and drive shaft plus bearings?

Tony

Staff member
There are a lot of options that could be wrong with this engine. From a hole in the fuel line, to a blocked port, to the low or high speed needle being way too lean and blocking off the fuel flow to a bad glow plug. My suggestion is to first replace the glow plug and if that doesn't work, diagnose why the engine is not firing. Don't worry, we are here to help walk you though it. It may take me some time to get on here and help out, but I will do it.

Once you get the engine running, post up a video of what it's doing when you say it's not moving. That will help wonders in knowing why it's happening.

krissychef

Cheers Toni..... The compression was poor and the cylinder sleave was stuck fast, nothing was budging it.... Ziptie, heating, chilling, nothing. So I bought a brand new engine set up. Hopefully this will be plug and play but of the sane happens I'll know it's not engine and carb problems..... I will keep you posted Tony..... Thanks mate and thanks everyone that has posted

Tony

Staff member
Just remember to keep the stock needle settings until the break in is done. My worry is it not moving.

Sure do wish you were closer. That old engine would make a good video lol. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom