450 nice!

even tho i only changed main shaft and tail boom..made a world difference..just all together feels like a whole different heli..now for how long is the ? lol[video]https://youtu.be/QmDn7ByKnpY[/video]

thats that ole mg90 on there right now..was waitn ta see if when ya got the time if u cood post that pic of urs u were telin me bout..i believe thatl giv me a better chance at doin it right .

trainrider06

Here ya go...you may need to use a slightly longer servo mount screw also....what I meant about butting up the plastic against the servo tab. Since you have a broken off ear you may need to place a plastic piece on the other side also
then fill in the gap with JB wield where the tab is missing....after it dries and sets up, drill your screw hole where the screw
Will fit through...image.jpg

image.jpg

trainrider06

It should hold ya till you get a better servo, I had this one on a heli for a while till I finally got a different servo for it.
This particular servo had known tab break issues with it.
I don't particularly care to rig stuff like that, but sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do to keep playing with
his toys....:)

murankar

Staff member
Just the main shaft alone can make a world of difference. There can be a super slight bend and you wouldn't even know. The vibs from that alone can cause many issues in you fbl unit. Good find though.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

holtneil

Hi i second what muranker said about main shaft , if you roll it across glass it will show up if its bent better then a table top

yea..i i always roll em on our kitchen counters..with the dark color..and the smoothness of the granite..makes it easier to see any bend..and thanku fer the suggestion..bt i got this emax 12gr servo that ive jimmyd and think i can use it..ill ride that thing till the gears fall off lol..till it jus cant be fixed..then ill start lookin fer another lol..

- - - Updated - - -

thanks again rider

murankar

Staff member
I had a main shaft bend so slight I had to have a machines look at look at it. Took it to work and ran it on a lathe.

trainrider06

yea..i i always roll em on our kitchen counters..with the dark color..and the smoothness of the granite..makes it easier to see any bend..and thanku fer the suggestion..bt i got this emax 12gr servo that ive jimmyd and think i can use it..ill ride that thing till the gears fall off lol..till it jus cant be fixed..then ill start lookin fer another lol..

- - - Updated - - -

thanks again rider

no problem....but ya might start looking now and when ya get a chance change it out....you don't want that servo to fail in the air...

- - - Updated - - -

I had a main shaft bend so slight I had to have a machines look at look at it. Took it to work and ran it on a lathe.

Those shafts can be tricky for sure!

Top Bottom