Next Plane

Whirlybird

Gotta get the plans for this and do a coro-version :yahoo:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fbITzCI2AU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tony

Staff member
Coroplast. Its like a plastic version of cardboard. Pretty rigid, and decently light.

Whirlybird

BTW: What does "coro" mean (or what are they)?

Here's my Coroplast FPV plane, Paul. I had a very hard crash which cracked the nose, so I repaired it by 3-plying the front of the fuselage (the second photo). A foam plane would have been a pancake . . .

BTW . . . on the first launch (my first pusher/prop plane) the prop chewed my hand a bit . . . thus the shark's teeth as a reminder to me :lol:

img_0267.jpg

img_0182-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lee

I would be crapping myself flying that. Its bad enough with $600 of heli in the air. Thats gotta be $30 or $40,000 of kit.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Could you even run coro with the jet engines? Or would you have to make the engine mounts out of something else. Also, eight of those little buggers? I bet it runs through some stinkin' fuel really fast (whole body one big gas tank?) Still though, that thing is just flipping awesome! I like how he had the fire extinguisher out there ready for a fire ... but then again it make sense.

I would be crapping myself flying that. Its bad enough with $600 of heli in the air. That's gotta be $30 or $40,000 of kit.
I bet it is ... if it even comes in a kit :chuckles: I cannot imagine the time, energy, and resources put into building something like that. I don't have ADD, but mine surely would kick in about half way through :chuckles:

Whirlybird

I would be crapping myself flying that. Its bad enough with $600 of heli in the air. Thats gotta be $30 or $40,000 of kit.

Get ready to start crapping Lee :lol:
Notice the text at the beginning . . . you're almost right there with the price . . . they're talking in Pounds!

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/68WZ6PgsBhM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think he "Dumb Thumbs'ed it, cause this is exactly how my Corocrash went :)

Last edited:

Whirlybird

"Could you even run coro with the jet engines?" . . . not really Paul. If I did build one it would have to use big ducted fans :) My wife would also kick me out of the house . . . no room in the inn :)

That sure is a mighty big RC B-52, shame about the crash, but they also do so with the real full sized ones too

B-52 Crash at Fairchild Air Force Base

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
If that is the crash I think you are talking about Jolly, the pilot was doing some "stunts" at an air show with the aircraft ... crap which was completely outside of the design parameters of the plan. Went into a steep bank and slipped sideways into the ground. WHAT AN IDIOT! I'm sure the "real" thing costs a few pennies more than the one in the video though :chuckles:

Lee

I bet the owner had a tear in his eye after that. It looks to me like he had radio failure of some sort.

Whirlybird

Saw that one Jolly . . . the videos of the model look and sound like a real plane all the way to the black smoke . . . there's a flash of flame in the model's crash. I'm sure if it was in the open you'd see more!

He did look a little unstable on takeoff Lee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom