450 Next 450

flysolo

I need a new 450 size heli. My old one was a T-rex 450 pro dfc. Long story short I lost it yesterday. I still have lots of spares for it and 8 ds415m servos.

Options:
T-rex 450 pro dfc. Exactly the same, good economy but boring.
Mini Protos - Heard a lot of good about them.
JR Forza 450 - Brand new looks awesome.
Warp 360 - New and cool.

I only tried the t-rex and don't know much about any of the others. What do you guys think? Any other 450 size brands worth looking into?

treff

What a great decision to have to make. I suggest you sell very cheaply TO ME all your spares and servos and get Warp 360 LOL

Slobberdog

Sorry to hear of the loss of the Trex, that is a bit gutting.

My choice would be the warp as well, and if you do end up getting something different to the DFC I might be interested in some parts for my DFC as a crash kit, pm me if you do decide

flysolo

I'm gutted about the loss and all you can think about is picking up the pieces? ;)

I think if fast-lad had the Forza combo in stock I would go for that. Don't know why but I really like how it looks. Can't find the warp in stock either.. If I decide to go for the t-rex I can get it from my local dealer and start building in 2 hours

Slobberdog

The trex is a great heli, set up correctly will be as good as the forza or even the protos any day, the warp is a different story, that is just one amazing heli as it runs on 6s.

But whatever you go for the servos you have will fit all three, and are good servos.

DAL2855

Banned
Trust me I feel your pain! I've rebuilt my 550 3 times now and have only put about 10 flights total on it! And am in the middle of rebuilding it again right now. Got all the parts ordered just have to wait for them to arrive! Had to completely replace the frame on it this time! I couldn't tell you how many times I've had to rebuild my 450's!

DAL2855

Banned
It probably would have been more cost effective for me just to re-kit this time, but I just decided to rebuild the 550 again rather than re-kit it! Yeah I know!

murankar

Staff member
Sorry about the loss.

As for your choices I personally had to chose between the warp and Protos mini, I got the mini.

If you chose the mini I would go with the kit that comes with motor, ESC and blades. That kit will assemble per instructions. My scorpion commander 45 amp ESC does not fit in the frames.

The warp is a great bird also so you have a hard choice to make. Good luck.

danhampson

i would choose between the mini p and the warp. you would be able to use you batterys from your trex with the mini p where as you would need new 6s batterys for the warp.
I have the 60amp yge esc on my P 500 (its the same as the esc in the mini p kit) and its awesome the only downside is that you will need the program card to activate the gov store mode.

Tony

Staff member
dude, you can't just leave us hanging like this. What happened to the Pro? And I'm with the rest of them, I'm in need of some servos and you have the worlds stock lmao.

Sucks regardless about the loss. There is no wrong choice in that list though. The 450 Pro is a tried and true design and like you said, you have a LOT of parts for it. I think that would make the decision right there. The Warp is a Great helicopter, but you would need new batteries, and would have to stock up on parts again. Same parts story for the others as well. My option would be the 450 Pro because of the parts. No sense in losing that money just to switch birds. They all fly, they all crash, it's just what you decide to do.

flysolo

Thanks for the input everyone. I decided to get an new t-rex pro for now. It kinda sucks to get the exact same heli I had yesterday, like paying for nothing but I couldn't find any of the others in stock and this is going to be cheaper.

The original pro.. well my field is pretty long but narrow with thick forrest on the sides. I was practicing inverted hover when i drifted over the trees. I freaked out a little bit and when I flipped it over it got even further away. In the end I could hardly see it and it went down and then it started to rain. Tried to find it today but it was just a waste of time.

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, you have been paged!!!!!! Help flysolo get some mojo to find his heli! You have experience with this hahahaha.

sucks about the heli.

murankar

Staff member
BTW; I forgot one detail about the mini p, they pre kitted motor and esc are for 6s so the batteries would need updated. Good news is the ESC is rated for 3s-6s so the motor swap might be cheaper than all new batteries.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Have you tried looking into Tarot 450PRO V2 FBL. Don't know much about Tarot heli but maybe someone can give us good or bad reviews on this heli.

flysolo

BTW; I forgot one detail about the mini p, they pre kitted motor and esc are for 6s so the batteries would need updated. Good news is the ESC is rated for 3s-6s so the motor swap might be cheaper than all new batteries.

So the mini protos and the warp are both 6s machines mainly? The recommendations for the forza is 4-6s and soon the t-rex 450L will be out. Whats the biggest advantage with 6s over 3s? Bigger motor and greater head speads?

Tony

Staff member
Head speed is the same since you are using a lower KV motor. Advantage is you lower the amp draw so less strain on electronics and more over all power.

Top Bottom