Prop NEXSTAR MINI EP in the house! it looks great! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Randy

Thanks for that man.. I do sim... I use clearview.. I will post pics... Flying this plane was a charm. But I picked The wrong field... And obviously I did an error in maneuvers... Lol anywhew... I donot have the peices of the motor block. There were too many small ones... I will have to get dimensions and such from lhs... I will today. Luckily they carry this plane in stock. I will also get plywood... And saw and epoxy and such.

Club: I am trying to join one but when they meet I am working, and when I go, it's closed... Or just no one is there. I was emailing one of the members... But now he has stopped replying back. Lol

Well I'll see..

Keith : the toothpick idea seems great, I need it for my wings.. Thanks!! :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Randy, be careful of us old farts lol.

GABA, I know that you are just overly enthusiastic! I told you to get some help before you flew that plane. Get someone on a buddy box to teach you. You apparently did not listen. My superstar cost my nothing!! I got it for free!! I put $40.00 in it. I still would not fly it until I had help! Man learn your lessen. Get help before you take it up again!! Your used to flying helis. Planes are not the same. They are easer to fly though. Like Randy said get lots of sim time! Get help before your next flight! Just trying to take care of you man! Your friendly old fart, Sam. LOL hahahehe!

Tony

Staff member
And never fly with your friends around. This is the result. They will intimidate you into doing something out of your comfort zone, and that usually ends in a crash. I was at the field this morning and decided to fly my Edge. It was a little windy but Louis was there, and I said why not lol. We were talking during the flight, and I still had to trim it in. There were a couple times that I was about to crash (kinda) but ended up saving it. Point is, fly with someone that knows how to fly. Louis was there chatting with me, but it was about the plane, not about doing something I didn't want to do. He did say I was flying too fast though lol.

RandyDSok

@Sam,

I'm either an ole' fart... or a young fart... just depends on who you ask and their point of view. :pride:

@Gaba,

This year has been very hot compared to the previous ones... So I'm not suprised when you said you haven't caught anyone at the club fields. The temps are now starting to go down, and the winds are going up... but you should find it easier to catch people flying. Watch the weather forecasts for your area closely and try ( if possible ) to visit them when it is favorable on the weekends.

Not finding people to help... isn't an excuse really... Until you get some assistance practice on your sim. It was close to 6 months before I could afford to get an airfame together for flying, until that time, I practiced the basic's over and over... I'd take off and then turn around and land... it wasn't entertaining but I learned a lot. When I began to get comfortable with a model, I'd move up to one that was touchier to fly and repeat the process. I'm also not saying to practice on the sim for 6 months as I had to do because I didn't have an airframe... but do practice it a lot, it makes a ton of difference in the number of crashes you will see later.

Impatience is an expensive teacher... When flying your real plane, don't go outside of your comfort zone and take it slow and easy... Save the stunts for later as you've gained experience.

Randy... somewhere between middle age and ole' fart... lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok guys.. I need some serious help. I have today to build the motor mount.. I got 3mm plywood... Epoxy... Saw..

Hobbytown guys didn't let ms measure it. They said just air it and make it pointing a bit down a to the right..

I need y'alls help finding it's dimensions if possible please!!!!! Please!!! :)

I am trying too.. Let me know what you find out. Thanks y'all!! :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have no Idea Gaba. I have never scratch built A plane. You going to have to get hold of someone who is good at building models to help you. Time to join that club!!!

Tony

Staff member
There is no way that we can tell you how to build this motor cage. I think you may just have to bite the bullet and order another fuse. Take that fuse, make a template and make your motor cage for the other, and then you will have two fuse's. This is the only option that I can see if they will not let you measure it on the other plane.

RandyDSok

I'm leaning in the same direction as Tony, expectially since you have no experience in building yet... Buy the replacement fuse, and probably the cowl while you are at it, and then use the dimensions you can get from that to build a spare fuse from... You will likely need it later anyway. You can then take your time with the repairs you need and also learn how to perform them without any pressure.

Randy

Keith

Gaba, look on Hobby King or somewhere, you will find a plastic,carbon or ply mount of some type that will fit....

If you do build one don't worry about angling the thrust just build it square and straight... Then when you mount the motor put extra washer(s) under the corner that needs the angle...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am building one... Dont have money to buy another and then you know destroy just the mount and go again... I wanna do it the way it's done. It's ok if it takes me a while. I am gonna take help too as Randy Tony and ll others said..

That is a great idea Keith!! I will try that out. It'll make my mount making easier.. :)
816bb430-9860-4c85.jpg
816bb430-9885-83c4.jpg
816bb430-989b-35da.jpg

Tony

Staff member
One lesson that you should learn here (among others), when you crash like this, grab a bag or something and pick up all of the pieces. It may be like a puzzle, but you will be able to rebuild it a little easier than what you are doing now. And I would not build it square. All of the planes that I have, have down and right thrust in them. More down than right. If you mount square, even to test, it's going to be a handfull. It will pull left on takeoff, and when you gun the throttle, it will shoot straight up like a rocket. At the very least, put down angle in it when you build it. It's not hard to do, make the bottom piece 1/10th of an inch shorter than the top, and the right 1/10th of an inch shorter than the left. This will get you in the ballpark of the correct angles.

Tony

Staff member
One lesson that you should learn here (among others), when you crash like this, grab a bag or something and pick up all of the pieces. It may be like a puzzle, but you will be able to rebuild it a little easier than what you are doing now. And I would not build it square. All of the planes that I have, have down and right thrust in them. More down than right. If you mount square, even to test, it's going to be a handfull. It will pull left on takeoff, and when you gun the throttle, it will shoot straight up like a rocket. At the very least, put down angle in it when you build it. It's not hard to do, make the bottom piece 1/10th of an inch shorter than the top, and the right 1/10th of an inch shorter than the left. This will get you in the ballpark of the correct angles.

There you go, it was in the previous post.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
There you go guys.. It took me a bit, but I think it's ready... Except for that hole that opens into the fuse which will cause drag I am guessing..

I mounted the motor a bit lower accidentally so now my cowl won't go on right. But I think that should be ok. The prop I have is a master air screw and too thick, so my spinner is not going ip either. But I this prop goes out, the next props i have are better sizing.

Will closing with that hole with a packaging tape help.

The cg is ok.. Actuall better. I found out that nexstar doesn't cg right on 1250mah batteries anywaz. But my 3mm ply firewall and mount will help that... :)

Any suggestions? You can probably see the angling. It's definately there and this is much much more stronger. That stupid mount that came stock was so so so soft.
Let me know :)

Ohh also I Fixed up the wing too.. :) it fit back perfectly.. I cg'ed the wing too.. Was sitting true... (cause I added some little wood on them too)

181b5ac0-d1bd-7e99.jpg
181b5ac0-d1dd-ba99.jpg181b5ac0-d1f3-1de1.jpg
181b5ac0-d202-36f6.jpg

Keith

I think you have enough angle this time Gaba... It's to counteract the torque of the prop... In theory the less pitch the less angle... Thats why I like to set mine with washers... You can still adjust yours with washers of course... Better luck with the next outing...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am gonna try to buddy bx this thing.. cause I am hitting walls with these planes.. lol..

Breeze... POSITIVE THOUGHTS POSITIVE THOUGHTS!! :p :D lol heeheeheee.... jk jk!! :)

I am hoping it flies.. :)

Tony

Staff member
I have only done a buddy box one time, and that was two weeks ago with the trainer that I stunted out at the field to prove that I could fly. I think I would have crashed a lot less if I joined this club first though. good luck. Tell your new club about the site.

RandyDSok

Before the buddy box... let an experienced pilot test fly it and trim it out for you.... then if all things are ok, you can do the BB thing.

Top Bottom