Newbiet

Wolfman

Hi all I am a newbie to this hobby, I am currently building a 450 copy heli, I was almost done then found out the hard way why to turn heli off before controler. So now will my finger heals I am waiting for new parts to rebuild!
Maybe I can learn something from here to keep me from doing something like that again!
Good to be here.

Randy

Tony

Staff member
Randy, brother, we have ALL been there. I had a 500 sitting on my desk and did the exact same thing and put a really nice mark on my 24" LCD computer monitor. Almost trashed it. Sucks about your finger though.

The best thing here is that you learn from the mistake and move on. Now you know, Turn ON Tx, THEN Heli. When done, Turn OFF heli, THEN Tx. Anytime the heli is plugged in, the Tx should ALWAYS be on.

If there is anything we can do to help or any questions you may have, just ask. We are here to help.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hey there, Randy! Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully the personal damage was minimal and I hope you are ok.

I am speaking from great experience when I say that this site will be able to answer any and all of your questions. You will get so many of your questions answered that you will quickly think of more questions and you'll find that there are many people here that are very knowledgeable and are very happy to help you out.

Post up your questions and pictures of your rc's.

Lee

Welcome to the site Randy. Did the same thing myself when i started. Wife dove under the dining table and i needed a change of underwear :D

murankar

Staff member
I am in the same boat also. I had a spool up and my face was near the main rotors.

Welcome to RCH.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Randy, I've too done that once. Who haven't? You didn't try to stop the blades with your hand, did you? :welcoming::welcome:

Wolfman

Randy, I've too done that once. Who haven't? You didn't try to stop the blades with your hand, did you? :welcoming::welcome:

No actually I was thinking somewhat, I took the blades off, because I thought it might not be a good idea to have them on in the house. My wife won't let me live it down beause my future son-inlaw was there and had said to turn the heli off first, but the switch on the controler was closer and you know how that goes!
I am not sure if I reached for it or was just to close, I think it was the flybar paddles that got me.428065_552385771440519_1625815849_n.jpg Not bad left index, got me twice knuckle and behind nail. I have new head and new tail rotor coming (CNC machined aluminum ones:joyous:) I knew I would have to replace parts, but not this quick!
Thanks everyone

Randy

428065_552385771440519_1625815849_n.jpg

BOKI

Randy; Welcome to the site the guy's here will give you lot's of help ! The Best! Sorry the fingers got hit hope you recover soon!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom